The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ABCDEF...Film


Pointed here from Mark Gibson at Abject Conjecture, our record is now sullied...please direct any complaints there.

Like Mark, I've done this off the cuff, so don't expect any cool stuff. Cool stuff takes hours and hours of work. I love you guys. But not that much. Also, for fun, you should do your list before looking at mine (or anyone else's). No copying. Or else.



The Rules

1. Pick one film to represent each letter of the alphabet.

2. The letter "A" and the word "The" do not count as the beginning of a film's title, unless the film is simply titled A or The, and I don't know of any films with those titles.

3. Return of the Jedi belongs under "R," not "S" as in Star Wars Episode IV: Return of the Jedi. This rule applies to all films in the original Star Wars trilogy; all that followed start with "S." Similarly, Raiders of the Lost Ark belongs under "R," not "I" as in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Conversely, all films in the LOTR series belong under "L" and all films in the Chronicles of Narnia series belong under "C," as that's what those filmmakers called their films from the start. In other words, movies are stuck with the titles their owners gave them at the time of their theatrical release. Use your better judgment to apply the above rule to any series/films not mentioned.

4. Films that start with a number are filed under the first letter of their number's word. 12 Monkeys would be filed under "T."

5. Link back to Blog Cabins in your post so that I can eventually type "alphabet meme" into Google and come up #1, then make a post where I declare that I am the King...er...Queen of Google.

6. If you're selected, you have to then select 5 more people.



And Justice For All
Big Chill
Continental Divide
Deer Hunter
Electric Horseman
French Connection
Godfather
Hook
It’s a Wonderful Life
Jaws
Kill Bill
Layer Cake
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
‘Night Mother
Odd Couple
Play Misty for Me
Quiz Show
Raising Arizona
Steel Magnolias
Thank You for Smoking
Uncle Buck
Victor/Victoria
Walk the Line
X-Men
Yellow Submarine
Zathura


I notice (after the fact), that Mark and I have just (3) duplications. Not bad!

As for my five tagged, I'm looking to...

Nate
Fadkog
Spider Girl
Fortyish is Fab
Crayons in the Sun (if she ever checks in there anymore...)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I really was torn between Monty Python and the Holy Grail and The Muppet Movie but had to go with Kermit. Thanks for the meme-ries! Sorry to break your meme-free run. Reset that clock... I'm only good for one or two a year so you should be safe from my bad influence for a while.

This comment brought to you by the word verification.... untingla! Go ahead, say it. It's fun.

11/19/2008 7:46 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Yeah, Mark, I was torn on a few of them myself (The Big Chill and The Blues Brothers, for instance). But I was surprised at how many letters I didn't struggle with. At the onset, I presumed there would be several I'd have to struggle with, but X was really the only one. I had really wanted to think of something more unusual.

In the end it was fun, though. And while we did it completely independently...and didn't even confide that we'd seen your blog post...apparently Highlander and I did these simultaneously, which I find kinda funny.

I'm probably gonna add another list of the worst movies I can think of for each letter of the alphabet...look for it soon...

11/19/2008 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home