Pointed here from Mark Gibson at Abject Conjecture, our record is now sullied...please direct any complaints there.
Like Mark, I've done this off the cuff, so don't expect any cool stuff. Cool stuff takes hours and hours of work. I love you guys. But not that much. Also, for fun, you should do your list before looking at mine (or anyone else's). No copying. Or else.
1. Pick one film to represent each letter of the alphabet.
2. The letter "A" and the word "The" do not count as the beginning of a film's title, unless the film is simply titled A or The, and I don't know of any films with those titles.
3. Return of the Jedi belongs under "R," not "S" as in Star Wars Episode IV: Return of the Jedi. This rule applies to all films in the original Star Wars trilogy; all that followed start with "S." Similarly, Raiders of the Lost Ark belongs under "R," not "I" as in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Conversely, all films in the LOTR series belong under "L" and all films in the Chronicles of Narnia series belong under "C," as that's what those filmmakers called their films from the start. In other words, movies are stuck with the titles their owners gave them at the time of their theatrical release. Use your better judgment to apply the above rule to any series/films not mentioned.
4. Films that start with a number are filed under the first letter of their number's word. 12 Monkeys would be filed under "T."
5. Link back to Blog Cabins in your post so that I can eventually type "alphabet meme" into Google and come up #1, then make a post where I declare that I am the King...er...Queen of Google.
6. If you're selected, you have to then select 5 more people.
And Justice For All
It’s a Wonderful Life
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Play Misty for Me
Thank You for Smoking
Walk the Line
I notice (after the fact), that Mark and I have just (3) duplications. Not bad!
As for my five tagged, I'm looking to...
Fortyish is Fab
Crayons in the Sun (if she ever checks in there anymore...)