The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

ABCDEF...Flop!

Okay, while thinking about movie titles yesterday, quite a few "stinkers" crossed my mind. Consequently, today's list (and it'll be the last, I promise) includes some of the worst movies I could think of for each letter. Anyone who wants to play along is welcomed to do so. In fact, I'd love to see what you come up with!


After Sundown (the hands down winner)
Boy in the Plastic Bubble, The (I’ll bet John Travolta NEVER mentions this one)
Cannonball Run II (nothing further needed)
Dumb & Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd (I didn’t even know this movie had a second part of the title)
Eyes Wide Shut (though my hubby would probably pick Escape From New York, here)
Flintstones, The (I know a couple guys who would pick Field of Dreams here, but this live-action adaptation nearly put me off the Flintstones forever)
Grease 2 (Michelle Pfeiffer’s house payments must have been pretty late for her to go here)
Happening, The (TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE!!!)
Inspector Gadget (Matthew Broderick, how could ye?)
Jaws 3-D (…::stare::…)
Kingdom of Heaven (one of the very few movies I’ve ever actually walked out of...you would, too, if it happened to you.)
Ladybugs (Watching this Rodney Dangerfield film is truly painful)
Made in America (Whoopi Goldberg and Ted Danson…)
Norbit (What was Eddie Murphy thinking???)
Operation Dumbo Drop
Pet Sematary (Why are Stephen King’s movies such poor adaptations of his books?)
Quigley Down Under (this one may just be me)
Rhinestone (Sylvester Stallone & Dolly Parton...and Sly sings...::shiver::...)
Superman IV

Twins (Danny DeVito…Arnold Schwarzenegger…twins…of course…)
Underdog (Can’t we ever just leave well enough alone?)
Valley Girl (ewww…totally…)
White Chicks
Xanadu (this one was easy, I nearly put it on the other list just because it started with an “x”…now I can put it here…justly)
You Don’t Mess With the Zohan (Ben Stiller better be careful or he’ll end up on the list with Will Ferrell and Owen Wilson)
Zoolander (And this doesn’t help)

8 Comments:

Blogger Doc Nebula said...

What a fantastic film festival that list would make.

One note: You want "Kingdom of Heaven", not "The Kingdom". "Kingdom of Heaven" is that rotten Crusades movie with sissy-elf boy in it that we both walked out of. "The Kingdom" is an entirely different movie I haven't seen yet which concerns the FBI trying to investigate a murder in Saudi Arabia, which may or may not be worth watching.

Still, great list! Definitely needs FIELD OF DREAMS on it, though. Have to see what I can do about that...

11/19/2008 1:28 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Thanks, doc! I, apparently, blotted every trace of Kingdom of Heaven from my brain. I've made the appropriate correction, post haste.

As for the fantastic film festival possibilities, I'm pretty sure I'd put out my own eyes and puncture my ear drums no more than 15 minutes in...whether you went alphabetical or random draw...

11/19/2008 2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Best Little Whorehouse was Burt Reynolds and Dolly Parton.
I think it is Rhinestone. And it was truly bad
Marline

11/20/2008 10:06 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Marline, you are completely right. imdb confirmed that it was, indeed, Rhinestone that I was trying so desperately to forget. BLWIT is Burt and Dolly.

That leaves The Boy in the Plastic Bubble alone in the "B" category and I'm pretty sure I can live with Rhinestone replacing Romy & Michele.

Thanks for the clarification!

11/21/2008 5:15 AM  
Blogger Laurie Boris said...

I would have to add "Ishtar" to that list. What a waste of Dustin Hoffman!

And "Yor, Hunter From The Future." ICCCKKKK!!!

And "The Road To Wellville" another Matthew Broderick flop, unfortunately made from an excellent book.

Hey, this is fun!!

12/15/2008 3:25 PM  
Blogger Laurie Boris said...

Oh...and Independence Day, of course!! One of the most mockable movies ever!

12/15/2008 3:26 PM  
Blogger Laurie Boris said...

Uhh...and I'm sorry to confess this, but I sort of enjoyed "Romy and Michelle..." Just for the fun of it.

12/15/2008 3:27 PM  
Anonymous american football kicker said...

Thanks for the clarification! Folder Access

5/30/2018 5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home