The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Flashback Friday!

I wanted to try something a little different this week. Chalk it up to me being amused with technology. Through the magic of You Tube, I bring you, this week, a musical Flashback Friday! (Never saw it coming, did you?)

You youngun's may feel free to snicker. The rest of you should probably find a private place to groove along, or hang your heads in shame and deny that you were ever there. (I'm working on formalizing a pact right now.)

Believe it or not, I started with 18 of these and, with great effort and restraint, I eliminated the really bad songs, and winnowed it down to what you see here.

Bread - Guitar Man


Cher - Half Breed


The Jackson Five - American Band Stand 1970


Climax - Precious & Few (1972)


The Ohio Players - Fire (TV Beat Club)


Karen Carpenter- For All We Know


I'm a believer


You may be feeling some Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder after so many Flashbacks! This may help. If not, you may need this. If you're that far gone, though, it may not be all on me. I'm just saying.

Otherwise, I hope you will all have a song in your heart (and are feeling considerably better about your wardrobe) over this long Labor Day weekend! That can't be a bad thing, right?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Doc Nebula said...

Baby, you always rock my world, but now you've taken it to the next level. ;)

I only listened to the Jackson 5 ("oh, baby, give me one more chance" -- LOVE that song, I just hope there's a way to edit You Tube files so we can knock off all the blither blather before and after and get it down to the song itself) and the Monkees ("I'm A Believer" may be the best thing Neil Diamond ever wrote) but still, it's picked me right up. Thanks for that. And have a wonderful day. And I'll see you tonight!

9/01/2006 7:29 AM  
Blogger Your Girl Friday said...

You Tube is undoubtadly the best website EVER.

9/03/2006 10:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How cool! Mark and Only Child think I'm distressingly out of sync with the rest of the world, since I haven't been to Utube before. They love it. Now that I've seen it on here, maybe I'll pay it a visit.

9/04/2006 4:56 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

You Tube definitely has a very addictive quality. Once you find something, it just sucks you in deeper and deeper as you find more and more and more stuff.

I'm definitely enjoying it, though!!

9/05/2006 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home