The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Zombies (sort of) in the News

See, I don't swim in water where creatures live. It's just ookie. I don't wanna feel a fish or kelp or some gigantic squid beast touching me (let alone biting my leg off above...or below...the knee). The very thought of it happening gives me a shiver.

I don't do a whole lotta pool swimming either, but that's more about opportunity, than the "ookie factor".

Reading this news story today, just reinforces the HELL outta my paranoia. And, really, I didn't need any help there.

JAWS was a trauma. The scene in STAND BY ME, where all the kids come out with leeches all over them, makes me weak. Even BLUE LAGOON, where Brooke Shields and Ricky Schroeder are swimming through the seaweed tenses me up.

I'm just glad swimming season is done. At least here. The rest of you...send me an address. I'm gonna be investing in a huge stock of noseplugs. Thankfully, it's off-season.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw the same story and Carl and I immediately thought "noseplugs for all the kids".

10/03/2007 7:18 AM  
Blogger Laurie Boris said...

Ick. Ick, ick, ick. That's all. And, by the way, ick. In case I forgot to mention.

10/03/2007 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home