The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

It's Ladies Night

You asked for fluff...you get fluff. Here at The Oral Report, it's all about what I can do to please you. Wait...that may not be exactly right...

Okay now, it ain't about the half-priced drinks tonight. But, ladies, it's definitely gonna get girlie around here. I may need a designated driver, because I'll be intoxicated before this is done. Boys, you may consider yourselves duly warned...(Though I know some of you like to wait outside the front door to get with the drunk chicks at closing time. Feel free to hang around if you'd like.)

Many reading this, know that Highlander and I have been good friends for a little over two years now. That about six months after I separated from my ex, he moved to Louisville, and we embarked on this love affair. It seemed the natural transition.

Most of you have seen the fruits of our decision, elsewhere, and have been enormously supportive. For that, I thank you all. But what you didn't see, is why, despite what the malicious trolls would have you believe, I would want to launch into such an adventure with him. He goes on and on about how lucky he is to have me. (And, believe me, it doesn't hurt my feelings to read it! Not one little bit.) I just thought I'd share a little of the 'why' I'm so lucky to have him.

While this is bound to make him blush, I have gotten so many incredible emails from him (still do...almost on a daily basis), that I wanted to show the girls out there that guys like this really do exist. Romantic men who know what it means to a woman to tell her how you feel. Now, don't be hatin'. I'm sure he'd have done the same for any of you. I just timed it right and got very, very lucky.

I'm not going to reproduce entire emails. But the following are snippets over the past many months. In no particular order. (Oh, and any guys who happen to still be hanging in this far...please take notes. Someone will appreciate it later...maybe even you!)

* Thank you for making me whole.

* Can't wait to get through today and see you again.

* I'm about to try and call you... I'm logging in early... but in case I don't get you, I wanted to tell you...I love you. You make my life as close to idyllic as is attainable here on this poor mortal coil. I adore you.

* Pencil me in for any help, support, love, or other stuff you may want or need. I am your boy. Always.

* I love you. You are my everything.

* I just love you so much, Tammy. I never want to hurt you, or let you down. I'm not so foolish as to believe I won't, but I feel so pointless and useless when I do... but you always make it better. And I hope I do that for you.

* You are the best thing in my life, the best thing that has ever happened to me, and the best friend I have ever had. I cannot imagine ever being as close to anyone as I am to you.

* You are the light of my life, baby, and I mean that.

* Can't wait to see you and cheer you up. I love you!

* I adore you utterly. I hate cliches and really hate this particular song, but Tammy, you ARE the sunshine of my life.

* Yes, all those things, plus, overwhelmed with the love and joy and light you bring into my heart every second of every minute of every hour of every day of my life.

* Always remember I love you and your happiness is my pleasure and privilege. Thank you for being mine, baby.

* I love you now, then, and always.

* I love you. My life would be incomplete and lacking joy without you. I want you always, and, for that matter, right now. I wish we both were home.

* You are all I need and want now and in the future, and I hope I can be that to you.

* I'm very nostalgic, but we can't do anything about the past, and I've reached a place in my life where I no longer want to be able to adjust my personal history, as it might mean missing out on this. You, and the girls, have been worth waiting for.

* I imagine my favorite song by Neil Young is a short narrative love song called "Four Strong Winds", but it's one of those mournful unhappy songs, so it doesn't do well to send it to the love of your life when you're joyous and deliriously happy in your life with her.

* This really is the happily ever after part of my life. Thank you for all of that. I love you!

* I adore you for it, though... and many other things, some of which have to do with how you look and act naked...;)

* It was wonderful to see you this morning and I'm very glad you came over. You really did look beautiful, and I always enjoy spending time with you. You are the light and the love of my life, and you make me so happy, and I am so glad we were lucky enough to find each other. Not a day goes by that I'm not grateful to whatever force it is that runs the universe that I have you in my life, and that you chose me to be yours.

* Now, having been able to accomplish one thing today to make you smile, I will go to bed and have sweet dreams of you.

* Baby, I want you to know that I love you and while I want to say that you are more wonderful than I deserve, you'd give me chit for it, and putting it some other way sounds really egotistical, so let me say that you are everything I have ever wanted in a woman and a friend and the love we have is the love of my life and what I have dreamed of for as long as I have had dreams of love. And I am always here for you. And you are always there for me, too.

Now, I am leaving out dozens and dozens of other delightful little notes I've gotten in the last many months, all of which were equally endearing, as well as virtually all of the emails he's sent me that, when I open them, simply state "I love you" and his signature.

And this list, of course, does not include all the little gifts, or gestures, that come through here on a very regular basis. It also does not include what a loving and competent parental figure he has become to the kids. Becoming someone that they not only will confide in, but whose advice and opinion they respect and seek out. All of these things, not just the things he "says" to me, contribute to making him the incredible man that he is in my eyes.

He really is the most romantic man I've ever known. And he communicates his feelings like no one I've ever known. I truly am the luckiest girl to have found him. Every minute of every day, I am grateful to be the object of his adoration and affection. It's the most wonderful feeling I have ever known.

I love you, Baby.

So, good luck, Girls. See, they ARE out there. But you gotta find your own. This one's taken. There may be a few fellas hanging outside by the door, though...

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of us good ones are taken! Har! :-)

I don't say this to be trollish, but while my wife is my best friend, love of my life, soulmate, jelly to my peanut butter, she's not my EVERYTHING. And I'm not her everything. We're complete people on our own, made more complete by being together.

– Texas T-bone
http://tbone.redeaglespirit.com

1/19/2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger Mike Norton said...

I keep feeling bad about not leaving comments on what are well-written, sincere posts, but comments are simply not coming to mind on some topics.

Okay, did come to mind, but they're tangential and snide and you're not one of the people I would feel good about making such comments to, especially on matters that are so heartfelt and upbeat. Such comments would be as out of place here as they would on a poetry blog by a lovesick - if talented - teen.

Sometimes worlds - especially perceived ones - are too far apart.

I am happy for the both of you, though. (I probably should have just left it at that.)

1/19/2006 11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so fluffy I could take a nap right now. Where did you find him again? Does he have a younger brother?

Do you ever get tired of it? I remember when Wm was such a charmer and sweet talker there were times when I was like Enough Already. LOL

This was definately a chic entry.

1/19/2006 1:50 PM  
Blogger Doc Nebula said...

Heh.

Okay, so far my predictions are absolutely accurate. The men are appalled, the women are incredulous, and, apparently, somewhat appalled.

Still, as long as I got you, baby, I don't care what anyone else thinks of me.

Have a wonderful day!

1/19/2006 2:07 PM  
Blogger Mike Norton said...

Hey! I was appalled and incredulous.

Good Lord! I'm a hermaphrodite..!

1/19/2006 3:05 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

T-bone -

I don't consider your comment trollish at all. Though...maybe the troll thing helped you sneak MY ottoman into YOUR house. But...I still need to investigate a little more, before I figure that completely out...;)

As to H being my "everything" and vice versa, we're still, very much, our own people. I'm sure I mean quite a bit to him. He does to me as well. But if I took a lighter and headed for his bookshelves, I would find out pretty quickly that I'm not his "everything"...;)

Mikey -

I adore it when you get all tangential and snide. Really. It's...well...you. And it makes me laugh.

I'm glad you are happy for us. And, frankly, I almost believe it that time. C'Mon...once more...with feeling...;)

And don't feel badly if you don't leave a comment on something. I don't always leave one on yours, but I read it every day!

Oh, and I hear their are websites that will pay a good deal of money for photos of your ilk. Could help until the other stuff gets rolling. Just a suggestion...;)

Marci -

I found him in the backroom of a comic shop...sneaking and reading X-Men comics. Oh, wait, I wasn't supposed to tell that...was I?

He has three younger brothers. None as good as the one I got, but they're all rather entangled already anyway. No one close enough to your neighborhood to check into anyway. You should be working on another plan anyway...;)

H -

I believe your prediction was that I was going to "run the men off this blog permanently" with that entry. So, I cannot concur with your assessment of your prescient skills. But, you are correct, you do have me, Baby.

1/19/2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Oh, and Marci, I never, ever get tired of it. I went virtually without it for the previous twenty years. In fact, what I used to get was quite a bit different. One of the priceless ones from my ex...sorry, guys, you've heard it a billion times, but I can't ever let it go...was "you're no fucking prize and you better recognize it." So, the adoration thing...much easier to take in large quantities. Much easier.

Sweet man that H is, he gave me a t-shirt that says “Anyone who thinks I’m no fucking prize, has no fucking brain”. Love him. Love him. LOVE HIM.

1/19/2006 4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep.

Deep smit.

1/20/2006 12:04 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

I'm not appalled or incredulous; I am a bit worried about any diabetics that might stumble across this post and slip into a coma.

Enough snark; I am happy for the both of you and your love for each other and am willing to listen to you shout it out for all the world to hear.

Now we need more anti-fluff.

1/20/2006 4:08 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Mark -

Geez...make up your mind. Fluff, not fluff. Some of you just can't be pleased...;)

Nate -

To which one of us are you referring now? I contend, however, that it's my favorite new phrase.

1/20/2006 6:21 AM  
Blogger Laurie Boris said...

I'm so happy for you both. As my grandmother used to say, "every pot has its lid."

I'm glad you two make a complete set.

1/20/2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Mike Norton said...

"every pot has its lid," eh, Opus? All of the "H" references, too! Why, this is a den of drug dealers!

1/20/2006 3:17 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

insulin, I think, Mike...;)

And, thanks, L, happy wishes are always welcome.

1/20/2006 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home