The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Morning After

A rough night for me and my girls last night. I won't elaborate here, but many of you got private email. If you didn't, it's likely because I didn't have your email addy. Jeorg, Your Girl Friday, Spider Girl, Leah and Mom-101, I looked, but couldn't find you. If it's not too much trouble, email me.

I'll be spending the better part of today prepping for my hand-off meeting tonight. I'm very excited at the prospect, even if the work is still fairly daunting.

I have a stop to make a lunchtime, to mail a package south, and, at some point, in the far too distant future, I will be in the arms of my significant other again. Speaking of which...check out the note he sent me when I got to work this morning...

Baby,

Just wanted to send you a little note right before I leave to tell you that I'm very sorry for all the stress that is on you right now. And I know you feel like it's your fault that there is also stress on me. But it's not your fault. You are not what is wrong in my life; you are what is right, and what makes me happy, and what lets me wake up every day and go to sleep every night feeling like I make some kind of difference to someone... which is an essential feeling, if one is going to be happy and sane.

You give me that. Every day. And I cannot tell you how grateful I am for it.

I love you, baby. I'm your boy.


So many wrong things in my life...but oh so many right ones. Highlander, I love you!

Thanks for everyone's public, and private, support. You guys are the best!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

Just noticed that I'm linked. Cool! But, I changed my blog's name to Intelligible and Bitter. Just a thing.

Congrats on shucking Hell off.

Other than that, hey.

5/10/2006 11:58 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Okay, Nate, I've changed the link (which has been up since last January, btw) to reflect your name change. And, I used the opportunity to alphabetize the links (which I'd been thinking I should do anyway).

Shucking 'Hell' off was a stone groove. I'll probably blog about it next week, as I've got limited time for the next several days.

5/11/2006 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home