The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Word of the Day

Just a note. I probably should have mentioned it on my previous post. Wish me well as I have a doctor appointment this afternoon to run some blood tests. Though I'll probably have to see a sphygmomanometer while I'm there, too, Nate - LOL!

And Mike Norton...wherever you are...I hope your week had a successful conclusion! We could both use a relaxing weekend. In fact, relaxing weekends all around, Barkeep!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Norton said...

I now know you didn't need the well-wishes for your blood test. Sometimes hard work (yours) is all you really need. Congratulations! One of your many hard, ongoing fights, and you're coming through for yourself, family and everyone who matters. Be proud! It's appropriate.

Not so clear a resolution to the week for me -- not a downturn, just too much going on to let me begin to address what's tasking me. I did get my assistant's evaluation out of the way, including the subsequent sit-down with the company prez over it. Managed to swing a 6.7% raise his way, which I'll let him know Monday morning. (Knowing how his commute is - it's largely the one I drove from '88 to 2000 - I let him shift his day earlier, so he was already gone for the day.) Now I have to figure out how best to make use of him to take more load off me. So far he's been a critical physical force in the workplace, but not much more than that.

6/24/2006 10:55 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Mike -

Thanks for your well wishes and no, there was a great deal of luck (given how much work I still need to do and the family history that fights all of it anyway), so I deeply appreciate yours, as well as the very thoughtful note you sent me today.

I'm very sorry things didn't get completely resolved at work, but nice to see that you're a little closer. I remember when you got your assistant (you were kicking and screaming to keep from getting him if I recall...;), I'm very pleased to know that he's worked out well for you. Though it sounds, for all the world, like you need two more. Very good luck to you, and please accept my well wishes in return.

6/24/2006 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home