The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Reading is MEME-damental!

Back to school time is upon us again. All the school clothes are in the closets. The school supplies have been purchased and are already in the new backpacks. The new school sign-ups (two of them) are behind us. [Kid 1]'s summer reading project is nearly finished. Textbooks have been picked up and fees have been paid. We're just waiting for the first day now. And it's less than a week away.

Two in high school (one of whom is a senior) and a first-grader. Oh, the comedy of my life!

In honor of Back to School, here's a little book MEME. I actually ran across two that would be fitting, but I'll probably do the other one another time.


Book meme
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog, the title of the book, the author and these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

"This was then the reward of my benevolence! I had saved a human being from destruction, and as a recompense I now writhed under the miserable pain of a wound which shattered the flesh and bone. The feelings of kindness and gentleness which I had entertained but a few moments before gave place to hellish rage and gnashing of teeth."

FRANKENSTEIN, Mary W. Shelley

(NOTE: Technically, since I'm at work, the best I could do was spec books - which aren't numbered sequentially - or the phone book. So, I opted for a passage from [Kid 1]'s summer reading project. Had I been at home or somewhere near more appropriate books, I'd like to think I'd have had a better answer. I implore you, however, to show me up.)


And one more thing...SPHYGMOMANOMETER!!

1 Comments:

Blogger ashe higgs said...

the closest book next to me is the berenstain bears "the big honey hunt" and it only goes to page 63, butit is the source of my sons nick name "small bear".

the next closest book is the one i just finished "media control" by noam chomsky....but it's in the kitchen and i'm not that motivated right now.

8/15/2006 3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home