The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sssssssssssssssssssss

Bunches today, boys and girls. While work is still nipping at my bodacious behind, I've got some steam I need to let off. Come along. See the crap I have to put up with.

Time allowing, there are several posts I'd like to hang today. So, if this one isn't to your liking, check back. I'll be all over the place. First up, though, is my ex's current girlfriend. Yep, I said "current girlfriend". Know why? Because I can. It's my blog and the way that works is that in this context, I can say whatever I feel. It's quite liberating. Further, I don't find the terminology one bit disrespectful. Despite the fact that she's called me quite a few unsavory names, like "nasty" and "vindictive", I've held back on the urge to repeat the offense.

But, you know what. I have grave concerns about the mental health of someone who sends this email (in response to my request for nothing more than the information necessary to treat my daughter's dogbite and file the appropriate reports that her father refused to do)...

I have discussed the situation again with my parents. They have stated that they are willing to provide you with the dog's vaccination records, but this will not be able to be completed today. They will contact the vet and have the shots' records forwarded or faxed to wherever you choose. [Kid3] does not need rabies shots. My parents take good care of their pets and his shots are up-to-date.
They have also given me permission to give you their names and address. But I am warning you, SuperFiancee: Do not misuse this information. I will not tolerate my parents being pulled into your vindictive web of victims.

[Name and address of proud parents withheld]

And may I cordially invite you to kiss my ass.

You are so full of hot air, it's a wonder you have to pay anything at all to heat your home. You are a perfect companion for Highlander.
You're both full of it.
I will not open any more e-mails from you of any kind.

I am done with this discussion.


And then, just when I thought I wouldn't be getting anymore emails, she follows it up with this email...

Hello SuperFiancee.
I am writing to ask a favor. I would like to surprise Baron on his birthday by taking him and the girls out to dinner. I realize that's a Friday night and you may already have plans, but I wasn't thinking a really long time. Just something easy like pizza or Quizno's. I could pick them up by 5 or 6 and have them back in a couple of hours or less. I think it would mean a lot to him.
Please let me know if it's something you would be willing to do.
Thanks,

Your friend,
J


My friend? My FRIEND??? Certainly it would do me no good to respond to her, as she's already advised that she "will not open any more e-mails from me of any kind".

And yet...despite calling me names, inviting me to kiss her ass, and being hateful to me at pretty much every opportunity, she considers herself my friend and feels she can ask me a favor. Wow. I realize that I have a pretty unique assortment of people I classify that way, but no. Someone who has treated me this way, not gonna make the list, and really needs to stop emailing me. But I gotta admire the gall.

Also, "it would mean a lot to him", referring to the ex-husband who continues to run up my legal bills and drag me to court for no reason (see post further up, I'm just getting started), and put his kids through MORE crap, is not the motivator you want to use with me. While I called HIM last year and suggested that (even though I had the kids that day) he might want to spend some time with them on his birthday (and suggested he take them out to dinner), he's napalmed the bridges since then, folks (with her help, of course). And doing things for the current girlfriend, who continues to disrespect me any and every chance she gets, including, but not limited to reading this blog daily thus completely disregarding my privacy, shouldn't come asking for favors.

I'm lousy at "pretend" friendships. I try to teach my kids that how you treat others is how you should expect to be treated. It's a traditional Christian lesson. One that I think there's a good deal of wisdom in. It also speaks volumes about someone's character. People make mistakes. It's the nature of being human. You do what you can to forgive and forget and move on. But sometimes, those mistakes can't be swept away with a "kiss my ass, I'll never open your email again". Sometimes, it may take something more than that. So, while I've turned the other cheek with the lack of respect from this woman more times than I have cheeks (all four, actually), I can finally say the lightbulb above my head is fully illuminated.

4 Comments:

Blogger Doc Nebula said...

Bravo, T. Bravo. Exactly what is appropriate to the situation.

Knowing you, and understanding that you ARE better than these people who plague you, I imagine Baron and his wretched, miserable, mean spirited, hypocritical, trash talking s.o. will probably get their wishes in this regard, even though it will cost both of us something, as we already had plans for the kids on that day. Still, we wouldn't want to stoop to their level of pettiness.

I do wish they'd stop taking advantage of that, but, well, I guess that's not very likely.

Still, I'm very glad you posted this. I think it's important to let certain people who shouldn't even be reading all this in the first place understand that while they may get what they want due to us being nicer than they are, we fully understand just how odious they truly are.

11/28/2006 9:25 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

It's gonna depend on whether or not I can change our plans around to make this work, and whether or not the girls want to do it.

11/28/2006 9:39 AM  
Blogger Mike Norton said...

Better the sound of a tea kettle than a pressure cooker, so in that respect I'm glad you decided to post this. Better out than in, as they say.

11/28/2006 11:46 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

God, I'd hate to see what the reading on your sphygmomanometer looks like right now...

11/29/2006 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home