The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Turning Into Quite a Week

And so it begins...

The people speak. Their voices heard. FINALLY. Changes are (however small, however begrudgingly) initiated.

It fills me with hope. I'm not saying I expect miracles. But, this is one I hadn't expected nearly this soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike Norton said...

The Rumsfeld resignation allows them to avoid having calling for it be a first point of order for the new congress, and allows the GOP to have their own player who's coming into it with a blameless, "I'm just trying to make the best of it, too" stance.

11/08/2006 5:01 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Hard not to speculate how many republican congressional seats could have been saved if he'd done it a week ago. Which makes me wonder if they really had no idea things were going to go this way. And how could they NOT know?

Confirmation hearings will certainly be much easier now than after the first of the year, too. Especially since Gates still has the stench of Iran-Contra on him. Though, that's long ago and far away. Maybe everyone's forgotten aaaaalllll about that by now.

11/08/2006 5:17 PM  
Blogger Mike Norton said...

I have something to post about Gates tonight, concerning his positioning as one of the directors of VoteHere, a voting company that was central in pushing all of those highly hackable voting machines into place.

11/10/2006 4:56 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Geez, I didn't know about THAT. Great. Just gotta keep reminding myself...two more years. I'll look for your post.

11/10/2006 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home