The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Spooky (and not so spooky) Links

Ran across a couple of timely links (for the upcoming holiday) and wanted to share them. Of course, then (as these things sometimes do) it sort of snowballed on me and I had a BUNCH of stuff to share, so now it's kinda turned into a "link dump"

Hope you find something of interest!

HALLOWEEN:

Here's a link to 13 Haunted Houses That Will Make You Wet Your Pants. (Pick up a package of Depends before you go and avoid the embarrassment.)

The Bone Idol Game is a creative outlet to let you invent all kinds of bone critters. Kinda fun. Definitely seasonally apt.

You may not have time to take advantage of this Costume Idea, but I had to share it. Maybe if you work on it all weekend...

My oldest daughter plans to be a Jedi this year (her sister is making her robe for her). I just hope I don't see her next year on the Parade of Unfortunate Star Wars Costumes.

And if you're carving Jack-O-Lanterns, here's instructions to help you make yours a Captain Jack-O-Lantern. That's right. A pirate pumpkin!

MISCELLANOUS:

A database for your personal library, this Virtual Book Shelf is a great way to invite the world into your reading room.

I'm waiting for Mike Norton to test drive this for me, but news is that Firefox 2 Ready for download.

You've probably already seen it at this point (the story's been out for over a week), but apparently Short People got no reason to live.

Finally, a little something for the conservatives who think being gay is not natural. Animal homosexuality exposed!

Don't do this at home! Here are 10 Useless or Even Dangerous First Aid Myths.

The Art of Travis A. Louie is a more than a little freaky, but definitely fun.

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
0
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

Highlander will tell you that I'm definitely one in a million. Now there's proof. I'm the only person in the entire U.S. with my name. Kinda cool. Check yours. Enter your first and last names, then click on "Search Names" and see how many folks out there have been posing as you.

I found one for Nate!! The highest scoring Scrabble game ever. The winner had an impressive score of 830 points. (365 of them from one word 'quixotry' played on the far right side of the board, hitting not one but TWO Triple Word Score spaces. I'm not worthy.

The obligatory sign-generator is Hairy Mail. Write your message in the back hair of a TREMENDOUSLY hirsuit fella.

One for the Tin-Foil Hat crowd. Here's 'indisputable proof' that Paul McCartney IS dead, based on facial comparison analysis. You tell me. I think I may need a little more tin-foil to make it work.

Today, I've even got one for Mike Norton. Here's an incredibly exhaustive Comic Book Cover Art site. Catalogued by series, there are thousands of covers, including Action Comics #1 from 1938. Pretty cool.

Hemingway once wrote a story in just six words ("For sale: baby shoes, never worn.") and is said to have called it his best work. Wired Magazine asked sci-fi, fantasy, and horror writers from the realms of books, TV, movies, and games to take a shot themselves. Here's what they came up with in response to this challenge.

I have worked (twice) for a family business. The second time, one that was at the transition point from third to fourth generation. They're not even close to being included on this list of the 100 Oldest Family Businesses, where a Japanese construction firm dates back to 578. That's right. Not 1578, 578.

A little something for Highlander...(he's been known to be pre-occupied with the 80's...;)


And I can't finish up without the ever-obligatory, 'One For Tony Collett'. (Okay, call it a two-fer since I had the costume link above.) Here's a photo shop contest called 'Celebrity Star Wars'. See your favorite celebs as a Star Wars character.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tony Collett said...

The "animal homosexual" link also goes to the "short people" link. Liked the link for me at the end.

10/28/2006 1:10 PM  
Blogger Doc Nebula said...

thanks for video, baby. I really do like that song, even if I haven't seen enough other music videos to get most of the in references in that one.

10/30/2006 5:24 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Tony -

Thanks for the heads up! The link has been corrected.

H -

De Nada, Baby. Glad you enjoyed it.

10/30/2006 9:08 AM  
Blogger Mike Norton said...

Too busy a weekend, I haven't gotten to check any of these out as yet, aside from the "How Many of Me Are There?", which I believe returned 951 for me. Sadly, I'm afraid they're likely missing some.

I believe I just upgraded to Firefox 2.0 at home (I know I upgraded very recently) but haven't had enough time with it to say much other than its tendency to open pop-up links as tabs takes some getting used to. I at least appreciate that it warns me if I'm about to close a page that I'll be closing two or more tabs.

10/30/2006 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home