The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Musta Reached the A-List!

Okay, with the mid-terms coming in such a short time, the weirdest thing has been happening to me. My guess is that it's been happening to some of you, too.

On Monday, I noticed a name I hadn't seen before in my email inbox.

Stephen King.

Now, my first thought was that it couldn't be that Stephen King, but, hey, guess what. The internationally acclaimed, best-selling sci-fi author took time out of his busy schedule to drop me a note.

How's that for cool?

Not so cool, you say. Scoffers!

Guess what I found on Tuesday?

On Tuesday, I noticed a name in my email inbox that I hadn't seen there before either.

Al Gore.

Straight up. Al Gore was sending me email. And people think I have no connections.

So, today, I check my inbox when I get back from lunch and I've got a note from Barak Obama. I haven't read it yet. I imagine he's asking my advice on running in 2008. Consequently, I should go ahead and post this and deal with a thoughtful response.

While it'd be entirely unseemly for me to share the contents of these notes, I just wanted to say, it's been a banner week for me on the email. Who will it be tomorrow?????

3 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

Forgive me and the rest of your adoring fans if we seem non-plussed at this news. It's pretty much expected by us: you are great after all.

10/26/2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger Laurie Boris said...

Damn. I guess we're on different mailing lists...

10/27/2006 3:46 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Yeah...dried up as quickly as it started. I was TOTALLY expecting something from Susan Sarandon, but never got anything more.

10/27/2006 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home