The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Hypothetical Questions

Do you know how, when you've revised your Christmas spreadsheet...you know, the one that has the menu/grocery shopping list and the separate lists for each gathering to outline which gift is for whom and whether it's been (a) purchased yet, and (b) wrapped yet, as well as time/location and any food items to be taken to each gathering...and you update all the purchases you made the day before on the various lists, and it's still not as easy to read as you'd like,

so...to simplify things you color code it? You put stocking stuffers in, say, green and wrapped gifts in blue. Gifts from Santa in purple and so on and so on until you have a five color system and then have emboldened the remaining items left to buy.

Well, when you do that, do people ever call you 'anal'?

No reason. I'm just asking.

4 Comments:

Blogger Your Girl Friday said...

I think it's cute...

Christmas is exciting and if making lists helps it get even better, you go girl!!!

12/18/2006 5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhh....wow.
I don't do that. But IF someone I knew did it?
I'd genuflect in awe.

12/18/2006 10:44 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

I have a planner. It has a place for names and addresses and phone numbers, and lots of little calendars for writing appointments on.

I don't use it very well.

12/19/2006 3:53 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

YGF -

Um, I never said it was me. I'm pretty sure of that...;) Oh, and making lists isn't about the fun. At least I don't think it is. It's about the organization. Martha digs on being organized.

Scott -

Freakish, isn't it?

Nate -

My desk at work is a sea of post-it notes. That's why I'm always hopped up on dramamine when I'm here.

12/19/2006 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home