The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

No Ticket Series - I

Early this morning, as my darling Highlander was sleeping in a little, I came up with an idea I thought would be fun. I heard a popular song on a commercial (one of the deadliest of sins in Highlander's world) for Sam's Club and MasterCard. The song was performed by the first band I ever saw in concert. That was in 1978.

Seeing the commercial made me want to go to You Tube and listen to it all the way through (and with the video of the band). When I did, I found it only sparked the aforementioned idea (which is likely not a novel one, just that it had only then occurred to me).

Sooooo, I have put together a You Tube concert, of sorts. The first in the (what is sure to be) sporadic No Ticket Series concerts.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Beach Boys...


Beach Boys - Little Deuce Coupe


Beach Boys-Good Vibrations


Beach Boys - California Girls


Beach Boys - Fun Fun Fun


The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice


Sloop John B


Beach Boys-In My Room


THE BEACH BOYS - I GET AROUND


The Beach Boys - Surfer Girl


Beach Boys - Don't Worry Baby


The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda


God Only Knows


Time to go home now! Hope you enjoyed the show and if you have artist requests, let me know.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Tony Collett said...

Encore: Heroes and Villains
(stupid Blogger comments won't let me embed the video)

12/17/2006 2:18 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Never heard that song before, Tony. Can't say it's a favorite, but I appreciate you sharing it. And I kinda like that you threw it in as an "encore". Quite fitting!

Of those I posted I probably am partial to "Don't Worry, Baby", "Wouldn't it be Nice", and "Fun, Fun, Fun", more than the others, but also have a pretty fond appreciation of "God Only Knows", too.

This was a fun exercise. I'll definitely be doing it again.

12/18/2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger Tony Collett said...

The song was one of the ones that stuck with me from "Smile" (the other being a slightly altered version of "Good Vibrations") You probably already know this story, Tammy, but for those of you just tuning in, "Smile" was originally supposed to be a Beach Boys record released in January 1967. First the Beatles released "Rubber Soul", which inspired Brian Wilson to create "Pet Sounds", which inspired "Sgt. Pepper", and "Smile" was to be the response to that. Unfortunately, the other Beach Boys and Wilson's personal problems shelved the album. Check out the Wikipedia entry for more!

12/18/2006 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home