The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Postcards from 'Hell'

I have decided that I do NOT miss working in 'Hell'. Not one little bit. This morning, I was doing a little housecleaning around my office. As I boxed up all of the project files (two full file cabinet drawerfuls) and marked that horrific job off my list, revelling, all the while, in the fact that it's now out of warranty, I got an email from my boss.

While we may not miss THEM, the Hellspawn apparently miss US. Not sure how it will translate, but I was chortling enough that I wanted to share it. So, here it is in it's entirety, with only a few editorial comments.

I feel the need to share this story with you. I had a most unfortunate situation on Tuesday while the movers were here to pick up the items for Joe and Jane Germanica. They had asked me to help them out by being here as they were already in Europe (Drunken, Arrogant Blowhard Neighbor - DABN) returned home from work at around 5:30 or so. Unfortunately, his parking space was blocked. I was downstairs when he arrived. I attempted to encourage him to use our space as (my commonlaw husband) was still at work. He immediately became particularly angry. He accused me of wrongdoing by letting the truck into the lot. He informed me that no truck had EVER been allowed into the lot. He was extremely unreasonable. He ordered me to tell the driver to move the truck which I refused. He was out of control, swearing and yelling. (Clinically Psychotic Neighbor - CPN) arrived and tried to calm him down, but it didn't help. I genuinely feel DABN's behavior was unwarranted and a cheap show of his sense of entitlement. His infantile tantrum went beyond mere bullying and crossed the line to harassment. I do admit that I too became angry and used bad language. I saw DABN later and attempted to apologize for swearing. His only response was that he gets "that way" when he's angry.

This is written not to have you feel bad about what happened to me, but to look at the big picture. We have an individual who is a member of the Board of Directors behaving in a manner which should be unacceptable for ANYONE here at 'Hell'. I encourage you to write the other board members and question why they as the leaders of our community would choose to work with someone unwilling to commit to a true sense of community.

Thank you,

Nice Gay Guy


The short version reads like this:

He be's mean to me. Make it stop. There's a little graphic of feet stomping, too.

Now, my boss is not on the Condo Board of Directors. He is not DABN's boss and has no control over him in the least. His authority related to the property ended when we turned over the property to the Hellspawn last May (believe me, my calendar is marked).

It's amusing to me that they are surprised that this stuff is going on, despite how infantile and nasty many of them have been from the beginning. The "Gee, I never knew he could act that way" act is baffling.

Plus, despite the VAST number of times that DABN has verbally dressed me down (to the point where I, during our last conversation, had to hang up on him), NONE of them had the least concern about THAT behavior. It's amusing to me that they are looking for help to be saved from him now.

Mostly, we just want to be left alone. I suppose the in-fighting will weed things out or they'll learn to treat each other (oooh, and maybe the rest of the world) with a little more respect. Or not. But it's not my problem (or my boss') anymore. We're not in 'Hell' anymore. Ev-ah.

Repeat after me.

Yee. Ha.

4 Comments:

Blogger Your Girl Friday said...

Have I missed something? Have you resigned? Or am I reading in between the lines a little too much?!!?

1/15/2007 7:43 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

No, Em. Still working for Rupert & McElroy. 'Hell' was one of their construction projects. Happy to have boxed it up, moved past the warranty period, not have to deal with it anymore.

As always in this business, there is "the next project". Right now, for me, that means another condominium project and a vocational school building. Soon there is a monster project, of epic proportions, looming. I'll be mentioning it in the not too distant future, I'd imagine.

1/16/2007 5:52 AM  
Blogger Laurie Boris said...

Geez. Thanks for clarifying. I thought you'd quit, as well.

I remember finishing up big projects and just sitting back and marveling at the ginormous stack of paper the stupid thing had generated. And for what? So the world could have a new, overpriced light fixture that would probably be recalled because engineering was rushed to market?

Sometimes I'm glad I'm unemployed.

Then I remember it means that I don't have any money. D'oh!

Anyway, good luck on the next.

1/16/2007 11:34 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

Nothing quite so satisfying as realizing something horrid is an SEP.

1/18/2007 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home