The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Idolatry



Most of you already know I'm a fan of American Idol. Not so much with the early part of the show, but we're past that now and have had my first week of the better singers.

The first show(s) were this past week and most of the 24 singers showed how inexperienced they were and the nerves were showing big time. But not Lakisha Jones.

Unless the others improve VASTLY between now and the end of the show, this girl is gonna walk away with it. Or if the voting proves otherwise (and the prettier people pull ahead of her), she will still be recording with someone. I have no doubt of it. Her voice is something else.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie Boris said...

I know, wasn't she freakin' AMAZING? It surprised me that even the least talented woman was better (or on par with) the best of the men. I didn't get to watch the "Results" show yet. (it's on tape)(Husband calls it the "Rejects" show). Is that blond guy still in? The one that prior to his singing did the vocal effects?

2/25/2007 3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm late to comment--worked all weekend--the blond guy is still in--so is the 17 year old pakistani/indian[?] guy. Or as my sis and I call him--this year's "red-headed boy". He'll get the teeny bopper vote for too long I think. And yes--Lakisha is far and away the best of them all. What a voice!

2/26/2007 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home