The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Flashback Friday!

Taking the easy way out today, Gang. Those of you with no You Tube access can thank me later. Nate, be EXTRA careful with today's post. Time for working on a Flashback for today has completely gotten away from me.

It would appear that some dangerous idiots' wreckless disregard for my children has forced me to spend my energies elsewise. So, instead of tripping down memory lane, my focus has been on my kids' safety (and investigating legal responses). I've had to sit my daughters down and discuss what's going on, so that they can make a more concerted effort to protect themselves. Because my older two girls come home from school and are here for a few hours before any of us get home from work, well, it's prudent, to say the least.

Anyway, as I have been somewhat preoccupied (and, hey, let me say that it's been a pretty good week as far as wedding progress, too), Flashback Friday! takes the hit.

Ran across a You Tube vid (just so you'll know how "Martha" it's been this week, it was while setting up a playlist of all the reception music on You Tube) that I wanted to share, and I think I can tie it in. Extra points because of the romantic tie-in to the wedding, too!

I've mentioned it to some of you before, but for the uninitiated, I'm named after a song that my mother adored. It's a terrible, terrible song,(Nate, see note above) and yet, so you'll see the birthmark I carry, I'm revealing it here. The shame is heavy upon me.

I can't count how many times I've watched this series of movies. (Rarely of my own volition.) All four of them share one thing.

This song. (And, no, it didn't make the cut on the reception playlist. Btw, I couldn't find videos for four of the songs I want, and probably need to back out about five songs. Any suggestions?)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurie Boris said...

At least you weren't named after the Shirley Jones character in "Oklahoma!". And her name was spelled differently than mine....where do parents get these ideas? But I suppose I should be happy about it. I feel a little sorry for all those Britneys out there.

2/10/2007 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home