The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Is it getting warm in here?


















Is anybody else a little hot for Keith Olbermann? Come on. You can tell me. And, guys, it doesn't necessarily mean you're gay.



My contempt for this administration's complete disregard for the people they serve is bottomless. It's been a nearly daily thing for years now.

Currently, though, I recall George W. Bush stating that there was no way that his staff was involved in outing Valerie Plame and, that when those responsible were found, they would be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Uh, huh, I am ill. The deceit of his staff (and we all know just how high that shit is piled), then laid out for all to see, is not met with the punishment promised...the punishment outlined by the laws of this country...it is, with one signature, done. Game over.

No, I realize that Scooter Libby was not pardoned for his crimes. Merely, that his sentence was commuted. It is no less sickening to me.

Keith Olbermann says those things, so eloquently, that we all shout inside our heads (sometimes until our ears and noses bleed). And he says them to millions of people, including the man who most needs to hear us. Yeah, sure, it may do no more good in righting the wrongs than the mental cacophany does, but it sure feels great when he does it. Almost guiltily so...

1 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

This is why Kieth Olberman is laminated onto my Top 5 People Ever to Grace the Unworthy Earth With the Soles of Their Feet List.

I actually almost felt a tiny twinge of patriotism listening to him... almost. And I hate patriotism. The idea of being proud of where my mama dropped me out, like I had some say in it...

But he almost made me feel glad to be an American, simply because he is one too, and there are actually some Americans with that kind of character. I am glad that HE is an American, because you people need all the help you can get with Dubya in command.

7/06/2007 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home