The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Things That Make You Go "Hmmmmm"...

Bunnyman and I did a little grocery shopping this morning. On our way out, we noticed water dripping from above (and to the right of our back porch), I'd assumed, given the location, that it was our neighbor watering plants. However, given a recent HVAC problem in that same apartment and a plumbing issue we had in the last several days, Bunnyman wanted to further investigate.

Luckily, as we were stepping off the porch, our neighbor came walking back out onto her porch with a water pitcher in hand.

Mystery solved.

So, we finished up a brief shopping trip and, upon our arrival, ran into this same neighbor again. This time, she was on her way to do some laundry.

We exchanged hello's, and then she said, "So when's your friend Nate coming back?" Which, I gotta tell you, made me raise my eyebrows. This neighbor is the one we like. But, in addition to that, she's very sweet and kinda cute.

So, Bunnyman informs her that we've been trying to get him to move down here, but to no success. And she says, "That's a shame. I like him. He really makes me laugh."

I told her I'd let him know that she'd asked after him. And, the next time he swings by here, I'm sure he will. It just seemed significant to me that she not only asked about him, but remembered him by name (given a very brief interaction). So, I just gave Bunnyman a look and we proceeded to unload the car.

I'm just saying...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nate,
Duuuuuuddddeeee!

sincerely,
Tony C.
http://mahtwocents.blogharbor.com

6/03/2007 3:32 PM  
Blogger Mike Norton said...

I'm waiting for Nate to pull a Joe Pesci.

"You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how? I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?"

6/04/2007 10:10 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

Ok, pull the other one.

6/04/2007 11:37 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

Oh, and MJ, I am funny. It took years to get good at it mind you, but when my funny machine is 'switched on,' I am funny.

Lately, especially since getting some help for some... ah hell it's in my blog anyway, after getting treated for PTSS, I've found myself far more frequently 'switched on,' churning out hit after hit, and generally putting my audience of the moment in stitches.

Seems I'm in the mood to be funny a lot more often these days. That or there's something in the water. And, you know, finding out that someone as sweet as she seemed to be in the brief time I spent around her is asking after me and, dare I say it, actually seems to miss my company, well, that's only liable to amplify the situation.

D, T, seriously?!?

6/04/2007 11:54 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Fo' shizzle.

No embellishment.

No lie.

But I bet you still aren't packing...

6/04/2007 4:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No one asked me my opinion but I say "GO FOR IT" Look how well it worked out for Superwife and Bunnyman.

6/05/2007 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home