The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Best of the Worst

Ran across a few links that may be of interest to you few readers, so I thought I'd share.

First up is the 25 Best Movies You've Never Seen. Except, I know this crowd well enough to know that you've all seen at least one on the list. Me, I've seen a whopping two.



I gotta let you know that I checked and none of you are on this list of the 100 unsexiest men of 2007. However, there are quite a few unsexy men on there. While the list clearly takes physical attractiveness into account, in many cases, it's the freaky quotient, too.

While I'm not a fan of country music, like cheesy pick-up lines, some country music song titles are priceless. Here's a list of the all-time best of the worst of country music song titles. Hard to choose a favorite, but here's one that always makes me smile, "My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend, And I Sure Do Miss Him".

Dig on mocking the politicians? How about this list of the worst political websites? The internet is the new way to "remove all doubt". And it does it in half the time.

Actions speak louder than words...I just don't have the time to get around to any. Why bother setting up the page at all?

Here's the best of the worst in comicbook advertising. I'm not sure about the rest of the competition in this area, but this one is pretty good. I found myself not so much motivated to buy the product, but wondering about the overall effectiveness of law enforcement in the area.


As this list of Stupidest Republican Quotes was compiled last Christmas, it's likely it should be updated. But it had quite a few classics on it.

Lastly, one for Tony Collett. A "Where are they now" that may be of interest. Okay, it's not technically a best of the worst, though many of them may have been at their best "then".

Okay, that's all for now. Go out and play or somethin', will ya?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The good news: I've seen 4 of the 25 best movies you've never seen, and have one on DVD haven't gotten to yet (Gojira)
The bad news: I've met 5 of the 12 Star Wars people in the "Where are they now?" article.

Tony C.
http://mahtwocents.blogharbor.com

6/07/2007 6:43 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

I've seen 11 of the 25 and maybe I'll watch a few more before we turn out the lights for the last time at ye olde video store next month.

6/07/2007 11:39 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Okay, Tony, I gotta ask...which five?

Mark, I hadn't heard about the video store. Having heard you talk about it (fondly) so many times, the news definitely tugs at my heart.

6/08/2007 7:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have to admit surprise that the two Presidents' Bush did not make up the entire list of stupid republican sayings. I must be giving them too much credit.

6/08/2007 10:59 AM  
Blogger Doc Nebula said...

Captain Tootsie and the Secret Fucking Legion?

::snatches up Tootsie Rolls, puts out own eyes with them::

AIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

6/08/2007 11:49 AM  
Blogger Mike Norton said...

I've seen 10 of the 25, so Mark beats me on that.

I suspect that the 100 Unsexiest Men piece was actually written (at least mostly) by other guys. Nothing I can put my finger on immediately (I only scanned the first page) but that's my impression.

As with your earlier piece on pick-up lines I (happily) have virtually no connection to country music. I expect them to have bad titles, and hope that at least some of them are intentionally ironic/self-parody.

Kenny Baker looks as if someone set R2D2 on Broil.

6/08/2007 8:20 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

I got the same impression from the Least Sexy Men list as Master Norton, FWIW.

I have seen...twelve of the films. I'm guessing the one that puts me over the top is Female Trouble...because, you know, I'm a fag.

One pick-up line that I've always loved is...

Guy: "Did it hurt?"
Girl: "What?"
Guy: "When you fell?"
Girl: "Huh?"
Guy: "When you fell out of Heaven. Did it hurt?"

6/11/2007 8:23 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Lisa -

The field is so large, I'm sure it was a difficult task to choose the "winners".

Bunnyman -

Yeah, several of them were pretty bizarre. Also, the babies will not eat tootsie rolls smeared with eye goo. Please do not use them to gouge out your eyes.

Mike -

I'd assume you are correct in your assumption about the list of unsexy men. Some of those were pretty harsh, but my inkling is that with women making the list, it's likely to have been moreso.

Heh. Your Kenny Baker comment made me snort.

Nate -

That is such a cheesy pick-up line. I really hope you have long since retired it.

6/11/2007 10:31 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

Sooo, you're saying don't use it on your upstairs neighbor L?

6/13/2007 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home