The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Hell...Why Not...


While I'm on a roll, let me note that talking ill of someone (no matter your opinion), in front of their children that love them, is a pretty classless, shitty thing to do. And, honestly, it only makes you look small and mean-natured (and extremely disrespectful TO THEM) in their eyes. Believe it or not, just because I do not want my children to be instructed to drink untested and untreated creek water (which they are then offered and encouraged to do) DOESN'T make ME the one that's "crazy". (And some kids...all of mine included...are smart enough to figure that out. Even if some grown-ups aren't.)

See this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...

Anyone with any amount of education should know better than to drink creek water. (Or, you know, we'd all be drinking it, wouldn't we? Plus the filtration facilities and products would just vanish from our culture.) Also, if you'll check with any reputable pediatrician, they'll straighten you right out, too. (Mine sure did.) Or, you know, maybe all those scientists and teachers and doctors are crazy, too. At least I've got good company...


Frankly, I happen to think that a parent who doesn't bring potable water on a hike in warm weather and then relies on what mother nature provided (via industrial facilities and pesticide run-off and bacterial by-products), is the one that's crazy...but what do I know? I will say that even if I DO think so, it's not like I'd be telling his kids he is. I've got alot more class than that. It helps that my kids have pretty good bullshit detectors, though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home