The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Original Recipe or Extra Crispy?

Here at Rupert & McElroy (yep, I still work there), we get calls (mostly complaint calls) from KFC customers with some regularity. Odd, because, well, we ain't KFC. I’ll answer the phone “Rupert & McElroy” (well, not really, but you know what I mean)and then they’ll start right in with “Yeah, I haven’t received the coupons I requested.”, or “I ate at your store on blah..blah..boulevard and my chicken wasn’t even done.”. Stuff like that. And, of course, working in an architectural office, where we neither have coupons, nor chickens, it always throws me a little. I try to advise them that they have not reached KFC’s offices. They almost always reply with, “Well, I got your number off the web.”

The first time that happened, it was more than a little surprising. I mean, I've worked here a long time. Surely, I'd know if we were a KFC affiliate. Right? But these folks are nothing if they're not persistent. At some point, it occured to me that since we had done the design for KFC's national headquarters building, that they may be (along with other prominent projects) featured on our website. And, perhaps, just perhaps, when people google KFC national headquarters, our website comes up. (I’ve never actually tested that theory, but it seems reasonable to me.)

Now when I’ve tried, patiently…and professionally…to explain this to (often hostile) callers, they scold me and tell me that we shouldn’t have that on our website. That we're intentionally misleading the public. *blink* *blink* Uh, huh. Clearly, these folks don’t understand the concept.

In any event, it’s happened many, many times over the years (and has really messed with some former receptionists), but we’ve never gotten a letter before.

Until today.

I’ve attached it for your perusal. I only opened it at all because it had Rupert & McElroy listed as part of the delivery address. Now, I’ve scanned it in (along with the envelope), so you can all see what kind of fun I have at work. And you should, 'cause it's lots o' fun!

Anyway, without further ado, and with FAR too much build-up for what will (likely) be a big nothing, check this out. It totally made me (and much of the rest of the rest of my office) LOL today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

https://123gamesfree.com/cool-math-games-run/
https://123gamesfree.com/tag/bgames/
https://123gamesfree.com/action/
https://123gamesfree.com/card-board/
https://123gamesfree.com/

5/21/2018 10:27 PM  
Blogger Long trần said...

Thanks a lot for sharing and I have some special things for you. If you are in free time:
quotes about time passing
truyện h nặng
nhạc chuông minion

6/19/2018 11:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
Top rated removal companies in Bootle
Top rated removal companies in Bootle

11/02/2021 7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home