The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I've Been Pie-soned!

How could ye, ye gloriously rich and gooey confection? It was truly love I had for ye. Alas, forgiveness will be some time in coming.



On the slow road back from a nasty bout of self-inflicted food poisoning, and thought I'd poke my head in here. I couldn't bear to throw out a half of a buttermilk pie from Mark's Feed Store (one of the most heart-stoppingly delicious desserts known to mankind) that we'd picked up for Easter dinner and...well...I think it was a little past it's prime. Or that's the consensus anyway. I, alone, had a slice of the buttery delight on Saturday night...and I, alone, suffered the wracking abdominal pain causing me to double over and grit my teeth (about every ten minutes for about 10 hours) on Sunday. It was far too reminiscent of labor and by the time I finally succumbed to slumber, I was exhausted.

Upon waking Monday morning, I was barely able to move. Mostly weak, the pain had stopped, but not the other (more traditional) side effects of food poisoning.

Back at work today. Feeling a little better, but sad...oh so sad...that it was the buttermilk pie that did it to me. Luckily, the white chocolate banana cream from Rafferty's has offered to step up and fill in any available openings.



But probably not today.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

I think it's my turn now. That potato salad is doing the most horrible things inside of me.

4/13/2010 8:35 PM  
Blogger Doc Nebula said...

Perhaps you will both gain superpowers!

4/14/2010 6:39 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

On a related note... sort of.

At Meijer they started carrying Blue Bell Ice Cream and they have a Kentucky Derby Pie flavored one and it reminded me of our visit and that unhealthily rich pie of yours.

4/15/2010 10:10 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

That's right, Mark. Now people will think I'm deliberately TRYing to pie-sin people...LOL! It's actually a tradition in the whole city...not just at our house.

And, hey, it IS about that time of year again. The Derby pies will be rolling out in the next week or so.

Gentlemen...shoot. your. insulin!!!!!

4/16/2010 8:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

coolmath-games.com bob the robber
123games
123 action game
cardboard
123gamesfree.com

5/18/2018 4:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
Top rated removal companies in Bootle
Top rated removal companies in Bootle

11/02/2021 7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home