The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Missing My Girls

While surfing the other day, I found This Full House. Nice layout, but what caught my eye yesterday was a cute photo montage she'd done as an early Valentines Day thing, using the lyrics to "Love Is In The Air". My first thought? Oh, I could do that! I've got the cute kids and everything!! I fretted and searched and tried to come up with another song that would work. One that would fit us better.

Highlander finally gave up and went to bed with a book, because I just couldn't get it. It was, frankly, pretty damned aggravating. And then, today, when I went back to the blog which originally inspired me (with every intention of "borrowing" her lyrics to "Love Is In The Air", which would have been okay, but it would have been settling). Clearly I was going insane. And then, the right song hit me. And it was so obvious.

I've been missing my girls. (They're at their dad's and we're barely to the half way point.) It occurred to me that the song that I used to croon while I rocked them would make the perfect choice for a photo montage of them.

Lucky for all of you, I have elected to forego the audio link of me singing along, but you may rest assured that I was doing it as I put this together. It might help to imagine the sound of 100 cats being squeezed accompanied by bagpipes and accordians being played by people who have never seen such instruments before. Now throw in Yoko Ono with a sinus infection and you've got it. Or you can just refer to the Beatles version and save yourself from the pain. (Note from Highlander: don't believe a word of it. Supergirlfriend's voice is professional quality; if American Idol didn't have that idiotic age limitation, she'd be rocking all your worlds right now on radio and TV.) (Note from Supergirlfriend: #1 - Be sure to check your blog post when you ask Highlander for formatting help. He'll add things and never tell you. #2 - I believe we all know how objective Highlander is about any of my skills and/or talents. 'Nuff said.)




Love, Love, Love

Love, Love, Love

Love, Love, Love




There's nothing you can do that can't be done.

Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.

Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game.

It's Easy.




All you need is love.

All you need is love.

All you need is love, Love.

Love is all you need.






All you need is love.

All you need is love.

All you need is love, Love.

Love is all you need.









Nothing you can know that isn't known.

Nothing you can see that isn't shown.

Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.

It's easy.






All you need is love.

All you need is love.

All you need is love, Love.

Love is all you need.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, great post...really great pics, too...pretty girls...i want to do that with my kids now, too...
thanks for linking to This Full House, too...looks like a good one.

Peanuts

2/18/2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger Mike Norton said...

Very, very nice. Good job all around.

2/18/2006 10:18 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Thanks everybody! Sadly, I had such a difficult time with formatting, I spent far more time working on this than anybody should have had to. And somewhere, in the reinsertion of photos (for about the fourth time), I lost a verse of the song. At this point, I'm not gonna change it, but I feel like a goof for screwing up the lyrics.

And glad to pass along a link to The Full House. Looks like a pretty good blog

2/18/2006 10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! Thanks for the recommend!!

2/19/2006 4:50 PM  
Blogger Laurie Boris said...

Now you got me all sniffy..... ;)

2/19/2006 4:59 PM  
Blogger L.C. said...

Hey supergirfriend, thanks for the note! Two teenagers--you have my sympathy, I mean, you have my admiration. No really, teen girls can be a blast can't they? At least there's never a dull moment : ) I have a pre-teen boy too, so we'll see how that goes in the next few years. Well--I like your site, and I will be back!

2/19/2006 8:55 PM  
Blogger nita said...

awwwwwwwwwww

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

and i was totally singing it, too. even in my head i have a wretched voice....

and my husband used to bust into my blogspot and 'fix' things.

so i moved it. and he can't get in. nya nya nya :)

2/20/2006 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome job...sweeti...thanks for sharing the link and the beautiful pics!

2/21/2006 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home