The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Lynx Sausages

With Blogger driving me nuts for days not letting me check my own blog (or anybody else's blogs), I thought I'd spend a little time surfing sites I can access and throw (as soon as I can actually update the damned thing) a few links out there for anyone interested. Pretty fluffy Sunday, gang.

Here's a link to a site that indexes (and further links) a variety of news sources. Newspapers, radio and tv and magazines, both U.S. and abroad. Handy when you want to find the haps.

While the article doesn't discuss it, I'm thinking Nap Landscapes didn't catch on because they'd look mighty inviting to the homeless population. And, you know, who wants to do anything nice for those people?

Cooking with mobile phones? I never think of things like this. And why? I love to cook, have a mobile phone and am kinda outdoorsy, too. I'm missing something here. What is it? What is it? Free time? Yeah, that's probably it.

With the big game day upon us, here's a link that will get you all the action. Well, the cool ad action, that is. It gives you clips from previous years' Super Bowl Ad's, as well as surveys and the history of the big day in advertising. Some kicked up recipes for your Super Bowl Party can be had here. And for those of you who are really into it, you can find summaries of match-ups, winners and mvp's, as well.

Keep your eyes peeled for this tiny spy scope. Given the administration's complete disregard for privacy and civil liberties, one of these could be pointed at you. Right now even. You should be able to identify them. Not that you'll be able to do a damn thing about it when you do. But, well, maybe you can moon them or something. Might as well go out in style, huh?

Okay, okay, I admit it, I watch American Idol. I like the latter part of the season, when there is actually some talent, better than the degradation and humiliation in the first part of the season. I'm not obsessive about watching it. But I do. There. I said it. Admitting it is the first step, right? But here's a little game that could help all of the rest of you enjoy it more, too.

For the completely hell-bound, here's a treat! Dress Jesus up as a dog catcher, a ballerina or even the devil!

I'm not nearly cool enough to have an iPod, but I know some of you are. You're way cooler than me. So, here's a little treat for you. Maybe you'll even let me hang out with you sometime. It's a conversion guide that allows you to download dvd's to your iPod. And, hey, if you'd like some covers for MP3's or CD's that you burn (to match the album covers, that is) this site has 'em for free!

All right. That's it, boys and girls. I'm up WAY too early for a Sunday morning and I think I shall away and prepare some Monkey Bread, to go with the lynx sausages, before all the sleeping babes begin to arise. Have a great rest of your weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Doc Nebula said...

Nice lynx. ::patting lynx on the head:: Good kitty.

2/06/2006 8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got nothing to be ashamed about ...

I not only watch American Idol, but also Survivor. And because we've got only one TV and the wife likes Dancing With the Stars, I watch that, too. Yikes!

– Texas T-bone
http://tbone.redeaglespirit.com

2/06/2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Wow, T-Bone...and you actually signed your name and everything...;) The things we do for our significant others...heh.

2/06/2006 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home