The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Flashback Friday!

I'm copping out on you this week, guys and gals. It's my one year anniversary with Highlander today. And, well, we're making a day of it. I get off from work at 11:30 and he's got the entire day off. So, there's just no time for blogging in my busy schedule today.

We're getting lunch out. Maybe a little shopping. And definitely some snuggling.

Oh, I wanted to include a couple pics for you to show you what a sweet boy I have. The other day I mentioned something rather hurtful (for about the millionth time) that my ex had said to me some time back. I shared it with Highlander at the time that it happened (that was back in the days when we were merely friends) and he sent me something in response. I thought you guys might enjoy it ALMOST as much as I did.


So, no Flashback today. My humblest apologies. I'll be here with one next Friday. Cross my heart.

In the meantime, if you're just DYING to read something I threw together today, I'm guestblogging at Highlander's place. Go take a look. And you should check out the archives while you're there. He's the best!

Have a super weekend, Gang!!

And, Highlander, I'll be home in a bit. I just wanted to say, here, that I adore you and I'm happy you're in my life. I'm quite excited to start another year with you!

Oh, and I'm making pot roast for dinner tonight. Traditions start in the most interesting ways, sometimes...;)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

4/21/2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Thanks everybody!! And for those who left sweet notes on Highlander's blog as well!!

I just can't believe that nobody said anything about my shirt...;)

And just so I can brag a little...I had a dozen pink roses waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday, along with a VERY sweet handmade card. Tonight, we have dinner plans...though I know not where.

But, hey, nobody had to go to the hospital last night, so there's one tradition we can put to rest...

4/22/2006 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so cool! Visiting your blog on Fridays always leaves me refreshed and hopeful!

4/22/2006 9:48 PM  
Blogger Laurie Boris said...

I liked the shirt. Did you wear it to dinner?

4/23/2006 11:46 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Marci -

You are so sweet. Thanks for the compliment!!

Opus -

No. I probably should have. But I opted for something with far more cleavage. Given the restaurant we patronized, I'm glad I opted for something a little dressier than a t-shirt anyway. Besides, much as I LOVE that shirt (and I do!!), I find I always feel a little egotistical wearing it.

4/23/2006 7:32 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

It's just truth in advertising, nothing wrong with that.

4/27/2006 5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home