The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Foursies

Four is a magic number!

There are four "girls" in my family.

There are four pints in a quart.

There are four seasons.

There are four people, whom I love dearly, living with me.

There are four REALLY long days (and one tiny short one) in my work week.

This is the fourth month of the year.

There are four quarters in a dollar.

There are four horsemen of the apocalypse.

There are four suits in a deck of cards.

There's the Fantastic Four.

There's the Four Corners of the Earth.

There's the Gang of Four.

There are Four Reasons for Responsible Citizenship.

There are four musicians in a quartet.

And having recently put it behind us for another year, there is a Final Four in the NCAA tournament of basketball.

All of that nonsense is to lead up to some other nonsense. Frequent commenter, Your Girl Friday, (And I see that Marci has now done it as well) posted on her own blog, a meme, of sorts and asked her readers to participate. Now, I generally don't do these things, but I thought if I added a little to it, I might even amuse myself. And isn't that what this is all about? So, here goes. And, these fours are in no particular order.



Four jobs I've had:
1) Night Clerk at a Laundrymat
2) Basketmaker (I was a professional, not an amateur like some of you inpatients)
3) A Chicken (Going out in public in a chicken costume to promote a new sandwich at a local restaurant)
4) Mom (my most favorite job of all)


Four jobs I wish I'd had:
1) Baskin Robbins counter help (I've got a little problem with ice cream...)
2) Judge Judy (except it would be Judge Tammy, of course)
3) Hosting my own show on the Food TV Network
4) Personnel director for the Chippendale's organization.


Four movies I can watch over and over:
1) Raising Arizona
2) It's a Wonderful Life
3) Imitation of Life
4) Tammy and the Bachelor (for sentimental reasons only...it's a complete stinker!!)


Four movies I never, ever want to see again:
1) The Producers (w/ Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick)
2) Anything that has Ace Ventura in the title
3) Anything with Police Academy in the title
4) Spice World (hey, my kids made me watch it!)


Four places I have lived:
1) Rochester, NY
2) River City, KY
3) Lawrenceburg, KY
4) In the dark recesses of my mind

Four places I've wanted to live:
1) On the moon (but I was like 8 at the time)
2) Barcelona
3) Tuscany
4) Copenhagen


Four television shows I love to watch:
1) American Idol – Don’t shun me…please
2) The Shield
3) West Wing
4) South Park


Four television shows that test how fast I can get to a remote (or vacate the premises):
1) Flavor of Life
2) Dr. 90210
3) Anything anime'
4) That's So Raven, Sister Sister, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody or any of this stripe of Disney Channel original programming.


Four places I have been on holiday:
1) Tampa, FL
2) Wisconsin Dells, WI
3) Virginia Beach, VA
4) Algonquin Provincial Park, Canada


Four places I'd love to go on holiday:
1) Maine
2) Seattle
3) Australia
4) Boston


Four of my favourite dishes:
1) Macaroni and tomatoes (It's a 'country' thing. With a side of bread and butter and a big glass of milk, I could live on this for days on end...and have. Goes back to my childhood.)
2) Virtually any pasta w/ any variety of sauce
3) BBQ
4) Homemade cream of potato soup


Four things I can't make myself eat:
1) Sushi
2) Calimari
3) Raw onions
4) Butter Pecan Ice Cream


Four places I would rather be right now:
1) Snuggled up in bed with Highlander
2) Building a snowman with my girls
3) Trekking through the woods on day two of a camping trip
4) Driving my brand new convertible to collect my lottery winnings!


Four places I'm glad not to be right now:
1) Married to my ex
2) At 'Hell'
3) Sitting in a cell awaiting my arraignment.
4) Being wheeled into surgery.


Four pet hates:
1) Liars.
2) Unkept promises.
3) Self-Appointed religious missionaries (people trying to convert me)
4) Addictions.


Four things that will get you in good with me:
1) honesty
2) a sense of humor
3) kindness
4) passion (for something...and almost anything will work here)

3 Comments:

Blogger Doc Nebula said...

But... but... I'm addicted to YOU, baby. But, then, I'm passionate about you, too, so hopefully those offset.

Lovely post. I'd rather be snuggled up with you right now, too.

4/05/2006 9:39 AM  
Blogger bbBear said...

Thx 4 visiting my site.

bbBear
******
http://desiredchoice.blogspot.com

4/05/2006 11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh

get a room.

lol

4/11/2006 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home