The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Secrets and Faith

Boy, has it been a wild and woolly couple weeks!! Not a lot here, today. I don't even have something in the works for my Flashback Friday. I'm gonna have to see what I can come up with, but it may be late in the day! I figured I hadn't done a link dump in a while, and thought I'd throw a few things out there that I'd run across, in case any of you needed this stuff.

While surfing around, I seemed to wander onto a couple themes. I couldn't see any reason why they couldn't work together. Certainly matters of religion are often personal and private, right? You have to work with me, people.

First up, keeping things on the down low.

Here are some pretty extensive guidelines for maintaining anonymity on the web. Not that any of you guys need anonymity on the web. Just thought you might know someone who knows someone.

If that doesn't work, let me recommend a Fall Guy.

How about a one time free secure web messaging service called Will Self Destruct. Send that nasty anonymous email to your boss that you've been DYING to send. Tell your brother-in-law that you saw what he did and you're going to report it. All kinds of possibilities here, friends. The recipient will never know where it came from and the trail will disappear. Talk about emotionally freeing!!

Post Secret is a place I've visited before. Talk about a voyeurism fix. Not necessarily a visual stimulation (though some of postcards are um... artistic), but the emotional intimacy really grabs you. Basically, anyone can send in a postcard with a secret on it and it's posted on the net. For all to see. Of course, no one knows it's your secret. Probably best not to post a link to it when your secret is one of those featured. D'OH! Not sure how frequently they are updated.

And while we're talking atheists, here is a list of the Top 50 Countries with the highest proportion of atheists. May help you know where you want to be...or not be...

Some Scientology MP3's designed to inform and educate.

The Reincarnation Station will help you see into your future. Way, way into your future. Apparently, I will be returning as a rhino. There are a few who might see too many similarities already. According to the sage wisdom found on the site for me, You're not perfect, but you lead a better life than most. With a few changes now, your next life could be even better. So, I got that goin' for me. Which is nice.

And, just because his post works with my theme day, (and not because I adore him utterly) check out my VERY significant other's blog where he very eloquently (as usual) discusses the very complex issue of how the U.S. constitution addresses the matter of the intermingling of religion and the government. It's an excellent read.

4 Comments:

Blogger Doc Nebula said...

Aw. You linked to me. That's SO sweet.

So... we're moving to Sweden when...?

3/30/2006 3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do they have rhino's in Sweden? I don't think the climate works...

3/30/2006 8:22 PM  
Blogger Mom101 said...

Your sigoth is awesome - you're one lucky woman. And I am coming back as an ape. So we're both having a pretty good life I guess.

3/30/2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger Your Girl Friday said...

I'm coming back as a bear! Cute, cuddley, but vicious! Sounds like my current life! Haha!

3/31/2006 1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home