The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Weekend Update (and Links Galore)

It's been a busy (but very wonderful) weekend, so I've had no time to blog. A delicious dinner at a neighborhood eaterie was a sweet surprise. Along with the dozen pink roses and beautiful handmade card that were waiting for me when I got home from work on Friday.

The pot roast on Friday night was fine. And for those few of you who don't know that story, the "short" version is that I made a lovely pot roast dinner for Highlander on his first night in River City. He took one bite and it promptly got lodged in his throat. Many, many hours later, after a nightmare trip to the emergency room (is there any other kind?), it was dislodged. A little prevacid every day for the rest of his life should help us avoid a repeat.

I took one of his original art pieces (a stylized map of "The River") and had it enlarged to poster size, put a little colored pencil here and there and framed it. He seemed to be genuinely touched by it. Which made me feel good. And it's now hanging in our room over the bed. Flanked on several walls by some character sketches he'd also done. (Those I'd framed and hung when we first moved in.)

Other than that, it was a rather domestic weekend of grocery shopping, laundry, and cleaning up around the house. We were able to watch a few movies we'd rented/purchased, too. And Highlander got a couple long blog posts finished that he'd been working on for a few days.

That said, all I got for ya today, is some random links that I started throwing together the other day. Hope there is something you find interesting.

Could it be that it was 20 years ago that Geraldo Rivera destroyed his reputation on national tv? I'm sure the sting of the humiliation is still as fresh now as it was then.

This guy wants to be your pet cat. He believes he'd be good at it and has posted his resume for the position, on the net.

NASA's year 2005 in images. The photos are spectacular.

And while we're looking at pretty pictures, check out this guy's shots of a double rainbow in Missouri. Pretty cool. I wish I could take pictures like this!!

Story of wildlife flourishing in Chernobyl area. Is anyone else concerned about uncontained, unmonitored wild animals eating radioactive vegetation and then breeding and/or roaming out into the rest of the countryside? Or is it just me?

If Highlander and I got a couple of these, we could eliminate our urgent need for another bookshelf right now! Plus, they're kinda cool looking!

Cheeta (Tarzan's pal) just celebrated his 74th birthday.

CNN carried the story, but I hardly think this driving "study" is news.

Okay, that's it. I've got a few things brewing in my head that I want to post over the next few days. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! And I hate to break it to you...but it's almost over. All together now, ::groan::

5 Comments:

Blogger Laurie Boris said...

Congrats again. The framed stuff was a nice touch. Living with an artist, I know what a cool feeling it is to look at something on the wall and think "he did that." Pretty spiffy. As a b'day present the first year we were dating, Husband presented me with a giant-sized airbrush portrait of me. Had to bring it to Boston by train because it wouldn't fit on the bus. It's been in four different places but now hangs in my writing room.

And this cat guy...at least Husband wouldn't be allergic but he doesn't seem like much of a mouser.

And Geraldo...am I the only one who wants to seem him get blown over the sea wall when he covers hurricanes?

4/24/2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Carmichael -

I'm all about repurposing stuff!! And with all the sketches that were already in the bedroom, they really work well together.

Opus -

I'm crazy proud of his writing, but he does a pretty fair job sketching as well. And, yeah, you are right about how you feel when you walk by the pictures. I always get a rush of pride thinking "my fella did that". It's pretty nice. What a nice gift your hubby gave you. Really nice that you still have such an emotional attachment to it.

The cat guy? Yeah, it could be me, but I get the feeling he's just a lazy guy. But it's somewhat amusing that he actually went to all the trouble to write up a resume.

Geraldo? I'm right there with you.

4/24/2006 4:16 PM  
Blogger Your Girl Friday said...

Happy happy anniversary! x

4/25/2006 7:26 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

The NASA link was pretty cool. Some funny stuff there.

Hope you two had a good R-rated time this weekend. Please, no details...

4/27/2006 5:41 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Nate -

R-Rated? I thought you knew us both better than that...;)

And, of course, there will be no details here. You'll have to order the pictures just like everybody else...;)

4/27/2006 7:34 AM

4/27/2006 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home