The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Don't Tell ME the Romance is Over!

I just HAD to share a little email I just sent to Highlander. Mostly because this is the kind of goofy stuff I do all day. I'm pretty sure he'd back me up on this...heh.


Psst.

Are you thinking about me?

'Cause I'm thinking about you.

I'm supposed to be working on shop drawings.

And I kinda am.

But, mostly I'm thinking about you.

Part of it is because you are WAY more exciting than either gypsum wall panels and trim accessories OR non-load bearing steel framing assemblies, but most of it is because I love you.

T


I'm all ABOUT the romance, plus I'm totally the queen of the sweet-talking women...;)

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Whoo hoo, gave me a two by four! Better watch it or we'll have to give your site one of those pg 13 ratings.

5/25/2006 6:02 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Heh. Talking about 'studs' always gets me frisky.

5/25/2006 7:02 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

I LOVE ELO!!

5/26/2006 1:48 AM  
Blogger FindingHeart said...

That is so cool. Keep it going. :)

5/26/2006 5:51 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Nate -

You're not old enough to love ELO. But I do love that song.

FH -

Working on it!

5/26/2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger Laurie Boris said...

Damn. See, I knew hardware was hot. Anyone got a cordless drill?

5/26/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

This would make a helluva blog entry for me...

Lol, see, I'm an anachronism to a bizarre degree. When I was a kid, the only music in our house was form the Lawrence Welk Show, various records of church music, Elvis, and old opera stars, and the theme songs from old cop shows.

That persisted until I was about 12, when my eldest brother obtained a 'bootleg' 45 of... I think it was a Loverboy song or two. And I realized there was other music out there. I started paying more attention to what kids at school were listening to. Late 70s and early 80s music was in, and thankfully most of them were listening to ACDC and Twisted Sister. Spared me a whole lot of Flock of Seagulls. (Although at that age I thought it was Dirty D and the Thunder Chiefs.)

So, I never really got much exposure to my generation's music, and never really developed a taste for it. I like Slippery When Wet ok, and I enjoy most Big Hair metal, like Van Halen and Co., but none of it resonates in me.

Shortly after school and a 'weekend at the college' (that sure as hell didn't turn out like I planned!) my best friend at the time died, and I basically missed my 20s as a result. I went from 22 to about 30 without doing anything resembling living, and as a result the music from that period (92-99) just passed me by entirely.

A few years down the road (95 or so), I started hanging out with a guy named Dan who was a total Beatlemaniac, and generally deeply into classic rock. So I got exposed to a huge variety of some of the best music written since 1959: Beatles, Doors, Billy Joel, Yes, Cheap Trick, Pink Floyd, ELO, Led Zepplin, just to name a few.

So, the music my contemporaries grew up on, and the music they enjoyed their 'roaring 20s' with, means nothing to me. So trust me that it makes perfect sense to me that I love ELO.

5/27/2006 4:08 PM  
Blogger Your Girl Friday said...

Awwwww!

You guys are such a Pottery Barn catelogue!!
I'm not entirely sure what that means, but it was in movie I saw once. Or maybe I just overheard it. Somewhere. Or dreamt it! AAARGH! I don't need to impress you people!!!

:) anyways... keep up the lovin!

5/29/2006 2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home