The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Me Me Me Meme

This blog has been a Meme-less zone for long enough. I'd actually been looking for a new one to post, but hadn't seen anything that interested me at all. That is, until I saw this one on L.C.'s blog. It's all about Me. Thanks for sharing it, L.C.!

Here we go...

I AM..."the closer". The one who gets things done when no one else can. The job comes with very little recognition, less pay and all the headaches you can handle...plus a few more.

I WANT... a pony! I want a pony!!

I WISH...I were more witty when it came to completing these things.

I MISS...my girls. They went back for their week with their dad on Saturday. Never matters, though, I start missing them before they're even gone. This is no exception.

I HEAR...Highlander mopping the kitchen floor. (And, I gotta tell ya...that fuckin' rocks!)

I HATE...liars. (Sorry for copying your answer L.C., but it was a good answer, and, besides, I really, really do.)

I LOVE...my daughters, Highlander, my family, my home and the city in which I live. Not all bad here, gang. And don't think I don't remember that when the loonies are closing in.

I WONDER...about the women that each of my girls will grow to become.

I REGRET...that I wasn't able to pull off the amicable divorce I so desperately wanted to achieve. But I realize that it wasn't for lack of my trying. The fact that I still have my children's respect for how I tried to handle it is far more important to me than whether or not I succeeded.

I FEAR...sleeping with the closet doors open, canned biscuits exploding, and squirrels staring at me. I prefer the term "eccentric".

I DANCE...while I'm driving my car. There are some songs I just HAVE to dance to. Wherever. Deal with it.

I AM NOT ALWAYS...as good at impulse control as I'd like to be. I'm working on the enlightenment thing. Old dogs and new tricks, you know.

I MAKE WITH MY HANDS...fart noises and shadow figures. Okay, I don't really do either.

I WRITE...like I speak. Which, for those of you who haven't had the pleasure, is a frightening thing, I realize. When I sit down to write, I imagine it as a one-sided conversation with a really, really good listener. I wish I were much better at it.

I SING...a lot. In the car. At home. In the store. At my desk. No one is safe.

I CRY...at sappy movies, at weddings, at funerals, at graduations, at arguments, at turkey sandiches and foot massages and other touching and sweet gestures...and I HATE crying. Curse my mother for giving me this tender heart!

I CONFUSE...people who don't understand how straight-forward I am. There are a great many people out there who play games and have hidden agendas. I'm very open and people just aren't sure how to take me. They're always looking for the "other" thing.

I NEED...love and respect. Lucky for me, I get a great deal of both.

I SHOULD...take better care of myself, or at least be better at putting myself first more often. I suck at both.

I START...on one journey.

I FINISH...,too often, on another.

Have a great week everyone!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooo, I am such a trendsetter ; ) But then again, I got it from Cinthia, so maybe I'm a follower. Hmmm....

6/05/2006 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home