The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Meme-ing Along The Highway

Next, as it has been a while and I found this MEME on a random blog surf yesterday, I wanted to share. I thought I had written down the site where I saw it (I sooooo hate not giving any credit for the misappropriation of stuff like this. It's just so rude.), but I can't find it. If I do, I'll come back and insert it. Cross my heart. In the meantime, try not to think poorly of me.

[Late Breaking News Update!: I found it! I found it! I procured the MEME below from I want a Cookie! Favorite thing about her blog is she has has a little "St. Liberata" picture there protecting her from "unwanted suitors and burdensome husbands". It cracks me up. But, below that very picture is a little "wish list" of sorts, that I also find pretty funny. It looks like this:

"I want a raise.
I want to go home.
I want sex.
I want a cookie."

That pretty much says it all.]





FIVE THINGS


5 Items in My Fridge

1) A little salad dressing. I said a little and I mean a little. You shouldn't listen to the ramblings of other people who don't even use the stuff. It's not like I have some kind of problem here. Really. I mean it.

2) Milk (and even though there was nearly two gallons of it in there at dinnertime last night, it will all be gone by sundown today).

3) The expired yogurt in the back that my kids keep PROMISING me they'll eat when I buy it and then it sits in the fridge until it expires. If I did this same meme 2 months from now, I'd be listing this same exasperating thing again. I'm such a sucker for this ploy!

4) Snowcone syrup in three different flavors. My kids have been getting my new snowcone machine out and using it everyday and the syrups are showing signs of the nearly constant use.

5) Pepperoni cheese imported (via my aunt and uncle) from a Wegman's grocery store in Rochester. My middle daughter fell in love with it...but she's kinda over it now.


5 Items in My Closet

1) A very slutty pink top that I wore on the plane when I flew down to get Highlander and bring him back up here. I'm pretty sure it helped talk him into the plan. He was unable to resist. Heh.

2) A giant tub full of crafting items (paint, feathers, silk flowers, ribbon, glue sticks, etc.). Every once in a while I get them out and look at the stuff in the big blue tub.

3) A pair of short black boots that my oldest daughter is CONSTANTLY borrowing from me. I foolishly thought it would be cool to wear the same size shoes as both my teens. The reality is that it means they borrow my stuff all the time, rather than me borrowing theirs.

4) Jimmy Hoffa. Well, maybe not Hoffa, but there's stuff in the back that I can't identify.

5) Many, Many ungifted Christmas presents that I lost before gifting them and now they await regifting elsewhere. Consider this your warning. And don't complain about the powder blue slippers when you open them.


5 Items in My Car

::sniff:: my car...how I miss my car...

When I get it back, it should still have these five items inside:

1) Sugar-free mints. Gotta. Have. 'Em.

2) The passenger side rear-view mirror. It's in the trunk. It got clipped off when I hit that cop car, but I'm gonna get it reinstalled...someday.

3) Highlander's sandals that he got for Father's Day. I was going to return them (they're one size too big), but as they were in the trunk when I dropped the car off, I forgot and left them there and haven't been able to return them. Which has been aggravating.

4) A Lion King cd that I have listened to FAR too many times. It previously belonged to my older two and they loved it. [Kid 3] is following in those footsteps. Worse, I know all the words and sing along. But I can go weeks, years actually, without listening to it. I can quit any time I want to.

5) One driver's side floor mat that keeps curling up on the right side and driving me batty.


5 Items in My Purse

1) A ticket for two free games of Putt Putt golf. You never know when you'll need something like that.

2) My sunglasses. Wow. Go figure. Usually they're long lost by this point in the summer.

3) A master key to 'Hell'. Heh.

4) A gazillion appointment reminder cards for me and the kids to various doctors and therapists. I never remember to take them out of there once we've been.

5) A couple Sudafeds. They are my drug of choice. During allergy season, nothing keeps me clear like Sudafeds. And not the new formula ones. I like the ones they make you show your id and sign your name to get. That's right. The hard stuff.

Okay, gang. Have a little fun in the sun today. Or...if it's still raining in your neighborhood, stay inside and play.

As for me, I've got another post on simmer, but it probably won't be around for a day or so. Hey, three this morning ought to keep you outta my hair for a little while anyway!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm almost afraid to ask. What is pepperoni cheese?

6/30/2006 8:27 AM  
Blogger TwinsGoddess said...

Thanks for the links!

I'm all about the Sudafed, too, but the make it VERY difficult to acquire in my neck of the woods. I have to show I.D., sign in three places, provide my mother's maiden name and a DNA sample, and be fitted with a GPS collar.

But I can't live without my 12-hours of sinus clarity!

6/30/2006 12:34 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Sansa -
Pepperoni cheese is a cheddar blended with tiny chunks of pepperoni throughout. I can't REMOTELY imagine it's good for you. But I have about 5 bricks of it in my freezer and I'm looking for a home for it.

EverydaySuperGoddess -
I HATE feeling like I'm at the methadone clinic everytime I want my sudafeds!

And I really love what you're doing with your bears!! What a great cause!!

No problem linking to you. It's a bit of blogging etiquette Mike Norton instilled in me long before I was blogging myself. Takes but a second to give the credit where the credit is due.

6/30/2006 4:44 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

I can see what my next blog post is likely to look like...

7/02/2006 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home