The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Eat Them Up, YUM!

FishHeads



Remember this really wacked out video/song? Barnes & Barnes is credited with the catchy toe-tapper, but what always got me was that half of Barnes and Barnes was Billy Mumy of "Lost in Space" (TV) fame. Who knew Will Robinson was a freak???

It's especially amusing to me, since my youngest darling daughter used to dig on the song and dance and sing along when she was about 2. Somehow, it is now forever tied in my mind to hearing that little cherubic voice singing "FishHeads, FishHeads, roly, poly FishHeads...", and that (for whatever reason) makes me smile...

6 Comments:

Blogger Tony Collett said...

Roly poly fishheads are never seen drinking frappuchino in Italian restaurants with Oriental women, yeah.
I always wanted to say that.

10/19/2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Well, yeah.

I'm telling you, though, my eldest, who is quite the non-traditional kind of chick, was staring at the computer in horror during the entire video. Oops!

10/20/2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger Laurie Boris said...

No...NO! High school flashbacks! Listening to Dr. Demento on the radio while boyfriend demanded to listen to his Wings albums! Auuugghhh! Damn. Now I'm never going to get that song out of my head.

Roly poly fishheads were drinking a pina colada at Trader Vics...their scales were perfect...YEAH! Aaa-ooohhh!

10/21/2006 12:11 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

OK, that was freakin' genius right there.

The involvement via contriviance of Roly-poly fisheads in absurd situations is best accomplished by people with too much spare time on their hands, yes.

10/22/2006 9:46 PM  
Blogger FindingHeart said...

GREAT!! Now that is stuck in my head! THANKS ALOT!

...okay, now I'm going to try to copy the vid for my iPod. :)

10/23/2006 8:31 PM  
Blogger Mike Norton said...

As with Opus, Dr. Demento was the first thing to come to mind.

10/25/2006 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home