The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Wish You Were Here!



Having a wonderful time! Miss you guys!!

Getting here was a little tricky...

The State of Georgia (in addition to making my fiance's life Hell at work) really stinks! My apologies to those of you with a heritage in the peach state, but more dead skunks and cow manure per square mile than any state in the union. I'm SURE of it. Stinky, stinky, stinky!


And what the hell is up with Tifton, Georgia? I mean, really. They have some kind of mind-control shit going on that makes Stepford look tame. Billboards EVERYWHERE that demand that you "Think Tifton!". Why???? What is going on in Tifton?!?!?!? Worse. Why are they still on my mind?

Heading to the beach and St. Augustine tomorrow and a HUGE family pool/Bucs game party on Sunday!! This is the life!!

I'll try to snap a pic or two for you, YGF, but doubt anything like that will be posted prior to our return.

See you soon!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

Uh, what he said. Hope you're having fun right now, and not reading blogs online. Shame on you!! Back in the pool!! No coming out until you're pruny!!

10/07/2006 5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remember the smell about Georgia, what I do remember is the reddish orange clay dirt one could see and the traffic congestion around Atlanta.
I'm glad you put in something about having left for your trip, which is more than I can say about your other half.
I was hoping that we'd get more details about the trip (what you did, what you listened to, what you ate, etc.) a la (and I don't want to mention the name since the other half knows him) ***THIS PART OF POST INTENTIONALLY REMOVED BY HOST DUE TO SECRET MISSIONS AND THE UNINTENTIONAL DIVULGENCE OF SAME. PLEASE CONTINUE READING MR. COLLETT'S DELIGHTFUL COMMENT*** and the fact that my favorite trips are the ones where I'm home just after supper, it's good to live vicariously like this.
But I am glad you're taking time from your trip to post, send best wishes to Nate AaA, and that you have some fun things to do. Lord knows you and yours sure need it.

10/07/2006 8:58 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

No time for comments (and really hard typing from the pool anyway...;), but wanted to note that I have spent MAYBE 20 minutes on the computer (TOTAL) in the last 3 days. Cross my heart.

More updates when we get back, Tony. This post and the one above it were well drafted before we left River City...or they wouldn't be here at all.

10/07/2006 9:00 PM  
Blogger Laurie Boris said...

All I remember from Georgia is pecan logs. Like, every ten feet you could buy a pecan log.

And I LOVE St. Augustine. My mom lives there (in the winters). There is a VERY cool antique store in the old part of town (if you get to poke around)

Have fun!

10/11/2006 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home