The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Home Again, Home Again...

jiggety jig...


Cross my heart, I've got pictures. Highlander is working on them and I'll try to post a few in the next day or so.

It was a lovely vacation (thanks, H, for bankrolling this extended roadtrip...you're the best, Baby) and I'll go into more details when I have the accompanying pics. Not that I'm rushing anyone...::rolling my eyes::

In the meantime, a few "firsts" this trip...

* Driving through Atlanta, GA at rush hour. (This one is also a "last".) I'd heard tales, but had never experienced it firsthand. ::shiver::

* Highlander touching an alligator. (He passed on the snake, though.)

* Karaoke for the Superkids and me. Yeah, okay, I've been known to mock it, but I've never done it myself. In the privacy of Highlander's mum's house, with some upscale equipment, it was kinda fun. The kids (including Superadorable Kid) had LOTS of fun with it.

* Meeting two of Highlander's three brothers last Sunday. Highlander, as the eldest, is #1. I got to meet #3 and #4. Both very sweet guys who clearly love their big brother. Brother #3 hugged me when he left on Sunday evening and literally "blessed" me for taking on the challenge that is Highlander. Funny, but true. Brother #4 thanked me profusely for making his brother so happy. (Lucky for me the only family member to bully me at all about getting married was Grandma.) It was a real treat to meet a great lot of Highlander's family, but I had long wanted to meet his brothers and I was very delighted to get at least two thirds of that. I'm thinking H and I may have to fly to Maine to complete this mission. Wish me luck on that plan...;)

I had a most delightful time (which always keeps the old sphygmomanometer happy), but it is good to be home...

3 Comments:

Blogger Tony Collett said...

Good to hear the trip went well. With this cold coming in, wish you spent more time down there.
Maine sounds good this time of year. Maybe next year...
Or if y'all get married by then, we can all meet each other.

10/12/2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger Your Girl Friday said...

Welcome back.

Can't wait to see the pics

10/13/2006 3:22 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

Welcome back. It's important to keep the sphygmomanometer happy, isn't it? Glad you had a chance to dodge some worries for a while.

I join my voice in two-part harmony with that of YGF...

Kodachro-o-o-oome!

10/14/2006 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home