The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Slightly More Than a Drop in the Bucket

I just wanted to send a note out to those of you who wished me and my girls 'good luck' on the child support front. A note from my attorney today let me know that the new order has been handed down (less than a week after court...impressive) and the amount is IN EXCESS of what we'd requested. It's WUNNERFUL news!

* Highlander (and a couple of the kids) can get some new shoes.
* We might be able to go see a movie.
* The lawyers, doctors and mechanics are hosting a party in River City tonight!
* Christmas gifts have become a real possibility again!

Much appreciation (ALWAYS) for all of your support!

Special thanks to Highlander for all of your incredible emotional support (as well as all of the financial support) you've had to provide to get us (mostly ME) through this. What would I do without you, my love?

6 Comments:

Blogger Your Girl Friday said...

That IS wonderful news! Congratulations sweetie. What a weight off your shoulders huh!!

I'm quite confused and a little worried about your previous post. But, hopefully this post is the relief you have been waiting for!

I hope you are looking forward to your holiday.... I would KILL to be having a vacation about now!

9/27/2006 7:38 PM  
Blogger FindingHeart said...

Nice. It sucks that there has to be a fight over it. Hope all goes in a positive direction over the next week.

Peace.

9/27/2006 11:13 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

I'm very glad that money has been taken off your list of worries for now. Money is an ugly neccessity, having to worry about it is a crime against humanity. Now go spread that hug around!

9/28/2006 12:25 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

YGF -

Thanks for the congrats! It IS a huge weight off my shoulders. Check your hotmail account for a note from me...;)

FH -

Thanks for the well-wishes. I couldn't agree more that it sucks having to do it the way he chose to do it. The money wouldn't have been an issue at all had he not made the decision to make this a protracted fight. Adding SEVERAL hundred dollars a month to a budget that was tight because I took less than what was rightfully mine in the beginning (in an effort to try to keep things friendly), to pay for lawyers and then therapists (when he drove two of the kids in THAT direction) has hit me hard. All of this could have been done for half what it has ended up costing him, but he just couldn't understand that on the front end. No matter how hard I tried to explain it. Though his current girlfriend advised me that she was the one who eventually persuaded him to make the custody changes (and thereby minimize the stress to my kids and at least part of the legal battle), I think he must have been getting some very BAD advice from some corners to have continued to put us all through it.

As I've noted to you before, staying friends after the divorce is a laudable goal. And I did everything I knew to do to make it so. But it didn't work for me. I really do hope it works better for you, because I HONESTLY believe that your kids will benefit because of it. And they are what is the most important part of the entire equation.

Nate -

Thanks! I couldn't agree more! And I appreciate the hugs...and your email!

9/28/2006 6:39 AM  
Blogger Mike Norton said...

A more public Congratulations from me it is, then.

Here's to the tiny loose ends being taken care of quickly and quietly. You have enough else on your hands without having to worry about this.

9/28/2006 8:28 AM  
Blogger Laurie Boris said...

So sorry I've been out of it for so long, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go forth and be happy!

9/29/2006 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home