The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Musical Meme-Time!

Been a while since I've done one of these, huh? Mike Norton's just shaking his head and wishing his luck had held out just a little longer...

Anyway, I ran across this one and wanted to share it. As it involves the honor system, the vast majority of my readers will be eligible to play! If you're game, here we go.

The object of the game is to see how many song titles you can come up with in five minutes. The catch is that they have to have a color in the title (ie; "Paint it Black").

You should open a Word document and then transfer the information into the comment threads when you're done. List the songs in the comments thread below. No fair googling around or checking out your cd collection to look for something (or peeking at other commenters answers, either). Using your memory only, and timing yourself, how will you do?

I'll wait to post mine, but will say that I got 20.

Ready.

Get Set.

Go.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike Norton said...

Hmmm... Okay, I set my stopwatch function on my wrist and gave it a go. I started with Paint It Black because a) I like the song and b) I needed to clear it out of my head by putting it on the screen.

I was surprised at how many old color tunes were buried in my head. Definitely some exposure to the 45s my older sisters used to play so much in the middle to late 60s. Green Tambourine and Red Rubber Ball are definitely ones I remember with little pops and crackles.

With your Rolling Stone kick-start I ended up with 23 in 300 seconds. Were I a faster typist I probably would have squeezed out a few more. So, 22 or 23 depending upon whether my trick memory would have produced Paint It Black on its own in that span.

Paint It Black
Brown-Eyed Girl
Green-Eyed Lady
(My) Love is Blue
Black Friday
Green Tambourine
Brown Sugar
Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road
Red Rubber Ball
99 Red Balloons
Baby’s In Black
Blue Monday
Blue Bayou
Blue Velvet
Black Magic Woman
Blue Moon
Maxwell’s Silver Hammer
Purple Haze
Yellow Submarine
White Christmas
Tangled Up In Blue
(Bad, Bad) Leroy Brown
Big Yellow Taxi

This is by no means a list of favorites, as I'd be unlikely to resist changing the station if Blue Velvet or Blue Bayou came on. Probably White Christmas, too, especially if it was seriously earlier than November 24. Depending on my mood several others would probably be turned off, too.

10/24/2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

We definitely have some "overlap". I've thought of quite a few more since I did it myself. I had SUCH a hard time coming up with any "Brown" songs (in fact, I didn't get one), but I like all of the ones you've listed.

I'm giving it until later today to post my own list. Good job on yours, though, Mikey.

10/25/2006 10:01 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

came here from Marci, and that this was too cute to pass up...

Brown Eyed Girl
Sweet Georgia Brown
Back in Black
Long Black Train
Dont it make my Brown eyes Blue
Blue
You're the only Star in my Blue Heaven
Old Blue Chair
fade to blue
long grey highway
black sabbath
pretty in pink
red red wine
purple rain
white wedding
yellow submarine
nights in white satin
lady in red
orange crush
blue sky
black magic woman
bluer than blue
down came a blackbird
bluebird
long black veil
i saw red
pink
purple haze
tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree
black hole sun
pink cadillac
red ragtop
white light, white heat
the golden age

10/25/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

and I totally forgot "baby's got her blue jeans on"!

10/25/2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Well, for what it's worth, here's my 20. Like you, Mike, this list does NOT represent favorites, though there are more than a few on there that I like alot.

Nice to see you here, Day. I recognize you from the ever-busy Marci's blog. Thanks for playing along.

----------

Paint it Black
Red, Red Wine
Black Magic Woman
White Wedding
Nights in White Satin
Back in Black
Yellow Submarine
Mellow Yellow
Purple Rain
Purple Haze
Blue Monday
Blue Moon
One Eyed, One Horned Flying Purple People Eater
Green Green Grass of Home
Pink Cadillac
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Follow the Yellow Brick Road
Heart of Gold
By the Light of the Silvery Moon
Maxwell’s Silver Hammer

10/26/2006 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home