The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Linkage

It was 45 degrees out when I dropped the kids off this morning. Brisk. But I LOVED it!! Here we are at another autumnal equinox. The calendar will likely tell you either that today is the last day of summer or the first day of fall. In either case, it feels like fall around here, and I couldn't be more pleased. The leaves are just starting to turn, the temps are dropping and once again begins my most favorite of seasons!

I had a few links I wanted to share with you guys. Nothing terribly exciting. Hope you find something you like.

A little something for the geeks, it's the Worst Comic Book Museum. Check to see if you may have (or need) any of these for your own collections.

What You Tube is to Video, GoEar is to Audio. You can search music categories or artists. Many times, you can also turn on a lyric feature.

Remember Toonces the Cat? Okay, if, like me, you were high at the time, you may not remember him. Toonces was a bit that ran on SNL about a cat who drove a car. Badly. Like SouthPark's Kenny, Toonces (rather predictably) would always run the car he was driving off a cliff. The same cliff. Yeah, I guess you had to be loaded to appreciate it. Anyway, if you've always wanted to know, here is a link to a whole bunch of Toonces videos. Have a few beers first. It'll help.






Harry Eng's Impossible Bottles
were new to me. But, I think they're pretty cool.

How could he get some of that stuff in a bottle?








Here's one that still has me going EWWWWW! A newstory about a Hong Kong man saved from being eaten alive by maggots. Ew! Ew! Ew!!!!

Oooh! Almost forgot the "one for Tony Collett"! An article about the recent release of the original Star Wars movies on DVD. Though you'll have to have plenty of change socked away to get 'em. And you better hurry. According to the press releases, they will only be available until the end of the year!

Speaking of movies, The Black Dahlia just opened. It's a movie I have some interest in seeing. Won't be this weekend, though. Far too much going on. Didn't know if anyone else had any plans to see it. Anyone who doesn't know the most gruesome case (and wants to), can find plenty of information here, or more condensed (and far more graphic) version here.

*They say it's your birthday! It's my birthday, too, yeah!*

That's right. I'm another year older and deeper in debt! But here are a few birthday links to take my mind off it all! A birthday calculator that will tell you everything you never wanted to know about your birthday. For instance, I was born on a Friday, during the Egyptian month of Hathys and am currently 16,071 days old.

And stop by the World Birthday Web to wish birthday greetings to the people that you meet, when you're walking down the street...er...internet. Add your birthday and get random birthday greetings from strangers.

In "Life Just Keeps On Mocking Me" news, I have child support court this afternoon. Uh huh. On my birthday. Go figure.

Much later, that most wonderful of fiance's, Highlander, is taking me and the kiddies out for dinner at one of our many neighborhood eateries, plus he has presents for me. (YAY! Presents!!) So, I'm greatly looking forward to the celebration after the less than perfect start of this particular birthday.

Have a great last day of summer/first day of autumn, gang.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mike Norton said...

As noted in email, Happy Birthday and good luck!

9/21/2006 11:27 AM  
Blogger Tony Collett said...

Happy birthday and good luck from Kathy and me, too.
Thanks for the link. I didn't get these DVDs because 1) I have them on laserdisc, and 2) Like the article says at the end, I suspect a big new release next year for the 30th anniversary (with deleted scenes I hope)
As for The Black Dahlia, well, I hate it when people and critics trash a movie I look forward to, so let me put it this way: if like the blogger Highlander talked about the other day, the only complaint you have is the trailers are for movies without good female leads, then be glad.

9/21/2006 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAppy B'day from us---carmazer

9/21/2006 5:01 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Thanks to all of you (and those who sent email as well). Won't know, definitively, for a bit how things went in court yesterday (though I believe that your good wishes helped steer things in the right direction), but it was a very nice birthday!! A yummy dinner at a neighborhood Mexican eatery (complete with [Kid 3] blurting to our waiter that it was "Mom's Birthday!" and the entire staff singing "Happy Birthday" to me in Spanish) and then a quiet evening at home with Highlander and the girls. Some Magic, some DEADWOOD, some Crazy 8's...don't get much better. As for gifts, Highlander got me a couple very pretty (and aromatic) candles, a beautiful wooden box (one of my addictions) and a turkey. Probably best you don't ask about that last one.

Thanks again to all of you!

(Oh, and Carmazer, thanks for the VERY sweet snailmail and email cards! You guys are the best!! See you soon!!)

9/22/2006 7:04 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

Ok, well, I'm just gonna go get a big pile of dirt and eat it when I get home, 'k?

9/23/2006 10:03 PM  
Blogger FindingHeart said...

Dang! Got behind in my reading. Happy belated birthday!! Hope ya'll are drying out from the rain now.

Peace.

9/26/2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Nate -

No dirt-eating...only dirt-worshipping! Okay, I'm kidding. Don't worry about it. Your pal made it such a nice day I didn't even notice any missed wishes...;)

FH -

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes, and yes, we are, indeed, drying out from the water. I may even risk doing some laundry tonight.

9/27/2006 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home