The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Apples and Oranges

Okay, I haven't much time, but wanted to touch on about a million things. I hear 'lists' are big. Let's see if I can make them work for me.

#1) The Gibsons and the Colletts have survived another harrowing weekend in our company. Send them your cards and letters. I'm sure it dragged interminably for them (especially for the lone teen in our midst who had to have been DYING to get away from the old people), but it flew by for me. A cavalcade of geek shops and pizza, it took on an almost carnival feel. I would say "all we needed was a clown", but well...I won't...;)

As for highlights, Mark did NOT lock himself in the bathroom, Tony and Kathy smacked the rest of us at a game of Scene It! (which does not sit well with me and Highlander...that is OUR specialty), and Lisa became addicted to Apples. Apples to Apples that is. A pretty fun card game that became pretty raucous long about 1AM on Sunday.

Just because they were so funny, I must share...even if you don't know the game. Each player is dealt (7) red apple cards, each featuring the name of a person, place, thing or event. Then the dealer (this responsibility rotates with every turn) turns a green apple card (which lists the characteristic of a person, place, thing or event. When the green apple card is turned up, each player reviews his own cards to find the best "match" to the characteristic card played. Once the "match" is selected, the card is played, face down, and the dealer then turns the red cards face up and selects which one(without knowing which player played the card) best matches the green card played that turn. I know. I know. It was cruel of me to put you through that. But I had to. And I'll tell you why.

Mrs. Collett cracked me up (and I was far from alone) when she played Flipper on a green card that read "chewy". It cracked me up! Clearly, tuna that was not "dolphin safe", but there were other hysterical matches. Like Mark playing a red card that said "My Body" on a card that said "Sweet". There were so many (as we played SEVERAL games of Apples to Apples) that I cannot remember very many specifics. But I do recall one that I played. It had Mark doubling over with laughter. I hesitated, but finally the late hour and the silliness from being tired won out and I played "A Cheap Motel" on a green card that said "spunky". I couldn't help myself, but honestly, I'm still snickering.

#2) We appear to have somehow caught Opus' Electronics Curse! Hundreds of miles between us and still the germs have spread. I probably should have used lysol on the keyboard! We've lost not one, but TWO DVD players in the last month. Having already replaced one, the other will have to get in line with a few other bills before the new one shows up.

#3) We're piled floor to ceiling with Girl Scout Cookies! As if taking the orders weren't enough, we're actually supposed to deliver them and collect the money. Where will it all end? Next they'll be wanting us to eat them for them. Okay, I know a few folks who would be okay with that. And they live at my house. Anyway, deliveries are making some headway, but given my busy weekend, I haven't gotten all the cookies sorted yet. I'm sure I'll be up late dealing with that!!

I owe a few folks email. I'm trying to work on a few wedding projects. And, oh yeah, I'm working, too. So, sorry for the brevity of the post and will hope to catch a moment soon to chatter on more. I've actually got a few links I wanted to post, but it doesn't look like that will be today...

4 Comments:

Blogger Doc Nebula said...

Your Weekend Update is WAY better than mine. And so far, it's the best of any blog post about the weekend! I should just leave this stuff to you. ;)

I love you!

2/26/2007 8:57 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

"Spunky."

2/28/2007 6:34 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

H -

We both know better.

AaA -

LOL...again...sorry...

2/28/2007 7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I wasn't dying to get away from you! You guys are the funniest and coolest old people I know ;D

3/02/2007 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home