The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Monday! Monday! Monday!

A deliciously gorgeous weekend behind us here in River City!! Temps in the 60's and even 70's!! Highlander and I got many wedding errands (and some other stuff) done and even got to squeeze in a nice walk yesterday evening. (Which is always good for the ol' sphygmomanometer!)

We didn't get to the movies (to be able to use our free tix), but plan to on Thursday, when H is off this week. Speaking of movies, I caught most of AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH on Showtime last night. I'd been wanting to see it for some time, but just hadn't been able to work it out. I was truly entranced. I've been an Al Gore fan for some time, but to see him lecturing was really something. He's so incredibly smart and still has a sense of wit about him. How anyone could see that film and not see the HUGE positive impact on politics in this country that he could have, given the chance, is beyond me. Really.

Now, I don't frequent the Tinfoil Hat blogs that my significant other sometimes does. But I don't think Al's in that group anyway. I think he makes it all so clear with scientific evidence and common sense and it's impossible to dispute him. Better, he tells you who is disputing global warming and why...and he's got that evidence, too.

I really hope he doesn't just take his Oscar and sit back with it. As Highlander says, "We need to re-elect Al Gore in 2008!" Maybe this time, it'll take.

A few things ahead this week. A doctor appointment (nothing serious) and some submission stuff for H (keep your fingers crossed, gang). I finished my parents' taxes and need to get those printed out and routed to them. Had I not broken our printer at home, it would be no big deal. But, noooooo, I couldn't be trusted with the electronics. Bad, bad, Superfiancee!

For now, though, it's Shop Drawing City around here. Steel doors/frames, Painting, Fire Alarm Systems, and Masonry Accessories, just to name a few. Pity me. It's just that bad!

Hope all of you are having a Mild Monday! Or, you know, are buying the first round...

1 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

Heh, 're-elect'.

It's funny 'cuz it's true...

3/12/2007 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home