The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Friday, May 18, 2007

No Ticket Friday!

It's a Flashback Friday!...

It's a No Ticket Concert...

It's two great tastes in one!













































Other than true Monkees fans, who'd a thunk they had so many songs? Not I, I tell ya.

I must away now, as chaos abounds, careening headfirst into my weekend. [Kid 2] had her final orchesta concert of the year last night. It was rather enjoyable, as the entire group plays well and the pieces selected for the concert were (with one or two exceptions) familiar and/or a delight.

[Kid 1] had her final concert earlier this week. A much more low key affair, but she received several honors and awards before the evening was over, and also received a bouquet of flowers from her chorus teacher. Not bad, huh?

Tonight, [Kid 3] has a "Fiesta Night" at her school. A celebration of the end of the school year. (Tuesday is the last day of school.) Music, games and food. It should be a good time. I'm sure Highlander can hardly wait...;)

I hope all of you have a great weekend!!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Mike Norton said...

Ha! Jesus Christ! You even dug up Auntie Grizelda! This is quite the accomplishment.

Oddly, I found myself realizing how much I knew about the band when someone at work asked me about them this past Tuesday. I listened, almost surprised, as I went on about everything from the "Pre-Fab Four" to Boyce & Hart compositions and performances where Micky and Davy's voices were worked in, to Mama Nesmith's fortune for inventing Liquid Paper.

Sometimes you don't realize what you know until someone asks.

5/19/2007 2:05 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

I wish I could say any of your "trivia" was news to me. Obviously, I've got some pretty scary stuff in there pretty deep...

P.S. - No Monkees concert would be complete without Auntie Grizelda!!

5/19/2007 7:30 PM  
Blogger for a different kind of girl said...

Um...just so you know...I officially love you. I know. Don't be creeped out by it. Seriously. I'm not all stalker/love/weird. It's more "I fully intended to marry Micky Dolenz and have an affair with Mike Nesmith until I got my first glimpse of them in their late 80s mode" kinda love!

5/19/2007 9:56 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Uh...FADKOG, I appreciate the loveage, but Micky Dolenz and I were gonna get married.

You and Micky. As if.

Glad you enjoyed the "concert", though. And delighted to see you around.

5/20/2007 12:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was a Davey Jones fan myself, but I did have a crush on Mickey D. too at one time. But it was always gonna be Mrs. Davey Jones for me.

5/20/2007 4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Superwife! Wanted to congratulate you! You give me hope!!

Anyway, I totally loved Davey Jones, was jealous of when Marcia Brady got to go to the dance with him and loved it when he was the guest on Scooby Doo. Those were the days.

5/20/2007 10:36 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

*looks like he's about to say something smart, sniffs the pheromones, and steps back warily*

*notices something over there, his eyes widening in horror*

*turns and runs when you glance away to see what it was*

5/21/2007 8:44 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Lisa and Marci -

::sniff, sniff:: Both of you, back from the black hole! And on the same day!! I MUST buy a lottery ticket!!

Happy to see you guys around and hoping that good things are heading both north and south, to make sure you're both covered.

While Davy Jones was/is, undeniably (that's right, Nate, 'undeniably') a hottie, my heart belonged to Micky. Though, Davy would have done just fine short term, though...;)

Nate -

Clearly, you're a "Peter" (Tork) kinda guy...::guffaw::

5/21/2007 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home