The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Taking What They're Giving, 'Cause I'm Working For a Living

Miss me? Quit lying. You know you did.

I've got about a million blog posts in my noggin right now, but no time to get them all out. At least not in any kind of entertaining textual kinda way. (If you're interested in the volatile blathering of a b-i-t-c-h, call me.)

Today, though, to try to ease the old gal back into the swing, here...I'm gonna roll like this.

One of the guys in my office sent me an email forward this morning. It was called "Demotivational Posters" and had many, many humorous photographs. My intention was to include one here as I had planned to ramble a bit about work and I thought it would be a nice fit. Unfortunately, like Lay's Potato Chips, one was not enough. And I spent FAR too much time trying to decide which one to include. Until I said, "Feh" and decided to send six. You people will just have to deal.




















3 Comments:

Blogger Doc Nebula said...

Heh. I love that first one. And I'm happy to see you blogging again. I think this is a wonderful entry.

Rigorous Intuition, on the other hand, has an absolutely terrifying entry up today... but never mind that. If I can't see THEM, they can't see ME... right?

I can't understand why anyone would constantly repeat the most memorable tagline of a show they don't much like, either... but... well... I find a few SEINFELDisms have crept into my lexicon of the vernacular, and you know how I feel about SEINFELD. So maybe I can understand it.

The baby wants fish sticks for breakfast. I mean, WTF?

7/24/2007 9:19 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

Fish sticks?

With ketchup or tartar sauce?

I mean, I could see ketchup at breakfast, but if she went with tartar, the baby is just weird...


The demotivational posters are a favorite of mine, and several have been used as wallpaper on my office computer in the past. Currently it's got a similar one, but based on role-players instead. It shows a typical group of plus-sized gamers seated at a table, with night sky in the window, and the title is GAMERS. The caption reads: "Right now, other people are having sex."

Meetings here proceed very similarly, except I don't think anyone used a cliched sendoff at the end of them. But they're very nearly if not as useless.

7/30/2007 9:03 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Fish sticks?

With ketchup or tartar sauce?


What an odd question...oh wait, let me consider the source...

She's a ketchup kid, so maybe she's not as weird as I thought...on the other hand, I'm pretty sure she is.

The "Gamers" poster sounds pretty funny.

And, yeah, meetings like mine are pretty universal. What a sad thing, huh?

7/30/2007 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home