The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Blow Me!

Kinda late in the season for it, but River City fell victim to another risk from Global Warming. An extension of tornado season.

Yippee.

Luckily, the worst storms didn't hit our neighborhood, but the folks on the other side of the park didn't fair as well. Their power is back on this morning, but they'll be busy with clean up for a while.

Also, glad [Kid 3] and I were home when it started (and that D barely beat it, too), as this photo is of a business entirely too close to my office!

([Kid 1] called from school to let me know she was being routed to the basement of the building she was in, and I called [Kid 2] who was at work and she advised that they were okay there, too.)

Wanted to let the few of you who stop in here know that we're all fine down here. (Though I need to check in with Nate, as he rode it out at his place last night.) Hoping the hoosier contingency avoided the damage as well, but I know much of it was headed your way.

The juxtaposition with the upcoming holiday also made for interesting news reports. One newscaster was touring a neighborhood that had been hit and reported early this morning, that "tree limbs and disembodied heads with hatchets in them are scattered everywhere." In the dark, I suppose you really don't want to think the body parts strewn about around you are anything BUT Halloween decorations...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear everybody made it through all right. We had some high winds up here, but that was it.

Tony C.
http://mahtwocents.blogharbor.com

10/19/2007 11:37 AM  
Blogger Laurie Boris said...

The ill wind this way blows as well...no, wait, that was just Fox News...

10/19/2007 5:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are all safe. I would be very disappointed to hear otherwise. As a late comment on another blog..I was tickled to hear about your experiences on your vacation days....my days off are spent revolving around Only Child much of the time and I only have the ONE child. Nice to know I'm not the only one. Be well, all. Say hello to D and the busy children for me.

10/21/2007 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home