The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

A Conundrum To Be Sure...



Something is...I don't know...off. The clues are pretty random, though.

* My refrigerator is backed up with leftovers. (And not some lame leftovers, either. We're talking ham & cheese bowtie pasta!)

* The kids are milling around aimlessly. No bubble-blowing. No trips to the comic shop. They don't know what to do with themselves.

* The sound of raucous, uproarious laughter has not filled my home for days and days. The eerie quiet is starting to get to me.

* Self-injuries are at an all-time low. In fact, we're thinking about offering awards for the extended period of safety.

* But the Number One Reason I know something is seriously amiss is...


We miss you, Nate!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate's missing? Where'd he go?
(Grumble grumble) Nobody tells me anything...

7/09/2008 6:44 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

He's left us high and...well...iceless, while he is off galavanting on a vacation.

The nerve.

What are people supposed to do for cold beverages??? I mean...it's JULY for bog's sake!!

7/09/2008 10:15 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

*SIGH*

I go on vacation for a few days, and I come back to a fridge with no ice, people laying on the linoleum gasping like landed halibuts, and it's all just a horror, an absolute horror...

7/12/2008 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home