The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Surfin' Safari

Grab your board and let's go!

I've been hitting a few sites today and ran across some stuff I wanted to share. Of course, having already sent most of the political items to Mike Norton(who does an infinitely better job with them than I do) and the obits to the grim reaper of the group, only the leftovers remained. Still a lot of fun stuff, though. I promise.


Look at this little fella. Eatin' his beans like a good boy. And yet...

AUGH! He's freaking me out! How old do boys have to be to start wearing eye liner these days? But even without the eye liner, I think he'd still scare the crap out of me. Worse, there are others. Visit Plan 59's Gallery of Demonic Tots and Deeply Disturbing Cuisine, if you dare.

Next up is Rollyo. Create custom search engines on your site and you can include sites you surf regularly. Personally, I'd love it if Highlander put one of these on his site. Not only would it make looking for that item he mentioned six months ago that he wanted and now I can't remember where I saw it...argh!...easier to find. It would also make it easier for the trolls to pull up previous bits of his own writing, ball them in their stubby fists, and shake them in his face. Okay, maybe Highlander doesn't need one of these. But everybody else should look into them. They look pretty cool!

I love cats. I didn't come into this realization until adulthood. But I stand firmly by it. Cats are cool. That said, I found this link pretty funny. The invention (step by step, even) of the Feline Protection and Enhancement System (FPES).

And hey, did you know that you were on The Beast's 50 Most Loathsome People in America, 2005 list? Probably not. But you have good company. Paris Hilton, Geraldo Rivera, Tom DeLay, Barbara Bush, and an interesting cast of others. Let's work on getting you off of that list next year. Okay?




Pulled this one right off of City Pages. While I'm anxious to see BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN, I'm thinking I'm gonna let this one pass. I've seen far too many trailers in the media, and I'm pretty sure, in this one, it turns out that America is the one taking it in the ass. Did I say that out loud?








OSHA's Fatal Facts have always been a personal favorite in a macabre kind of way. They're kind of the construction industry's Darwin Awards. One of my favorite being an electrician who was working on a metal ladder in a hotel swimming pool, trying to install lighting over the pool. He didn't want to get his feet wet, so he took off his shoes. Guess what? He got electrocuted. I hope we have all learned that standing on a metal ladder in a swimming pool full of water and working on wiring while barefoot can get you dead pretty damn quick.

Another similar site is Dumb Things. Here's a sample:
A psychology student in New York rented out her spare room to a carpenter in order to nag him constantly and study his reactions. After weeks of needling, he snapped and beat her repeatedly with an ax leaving her mentally retarded.

All right. That's it for today. Try to do something constructive. And don't tell 'em you've been surfing. You'll probably want to wipe that zinc oxide off your nose, though. It's a dead give away.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike Norton said...

Some wonderful links!

Rollyo's now another one added to my list of applications to look into.

In Plan 59's Gallery did anyone notice how in 1958 someone came up with a function for a dense head of cabbage? Look at the "Crispy, french-fried wieners" (5th row, 3rd column) entry and see what the kabobs are stuck into.

1/25/2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

My god! Those tots are damn scary! I may have trouble sleeping.

I just want to point out that I did not post Chris Penn's obit; I demand that you change that link to Tony C.'s blog... he can bear the heavy burden of the celebrity reaper.

1/26/2006 3:54 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

ALL of those kids and the food (peas in potato boats look like barf!) are pretty damned scary!!

Mike if you have any luck with that Rollyo thing, let me know. I'd like to do it, but am, as usual when it comes to these things, clueless.

Mark, despite being a big-time celebrity yourself, these days, and in spite of Tony posting Chris Penn's obit, you must retain the title. Don't fret. It's an honor. Really.

1/27/2006 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home