The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Pressurized

Just realized that I hadn't mentioned my recent follow-up appointment at my doctor's office. Nothing serious, just the regular blood pressure check. Still always cringe when he pulls out the sphygmomanometer. Imagine I probably will for the rest of my life.

But my numbers while the tiniest bit elevated, were good. Highlander and I are trying to do a little more in the exercising department, and that should help a great deal. And not only my blood pressure.

I just hate doing it. I always seem to have something else more important that needs to be done. I have to keep reminding myself that my health is pretty important, too. And, believe me, if I forget for a minute or two, I have someone reminding me...LOL!

That's all. Just wanted to bring you up to speed. Isn't sphygmomanometer a funny word?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're healthy. I know how you feel though, I was sick for a week. Ugh : (

Have a great week!

6/07/2006 1:10 PM  
Blogger Mike Norton said...

As a female, though, you have some other, far more cringe-worthy devices for the doctor to bring out. If a speculum was an option on my examination tray I'd be opting for almost anything else. "Sure you don't need any blood, doc?"

Glad to hear the B.P. is staying reasonably in control and that you're pressing on to keep well.

6/07/2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

LC -

It was just a standard check. Ever since [Kid 3] reared her adorable little (and I do mean little) head, I've had a little problem that I just can't seem to get back under control. Well, not without the use of meds. The one we've (my doc and I) finally settled on seems to be working exceptionally well, with few to no side effects.

Mike -

No argument on worse medical devices that could show up on one of my doctor visits. The mammogram machine is another favorite. But I really, really hate needles and have passed out from someone trying to draw blood.

6/11/2006 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home