The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Friday, September 15, 2006

It's a Flashback Friday! BONUS Flashback!!

That's right, you lucky guys and gals! Here's a BONUS Flashback, just 'cause you're the best! Anybody remember this?

Smash Up Derby toy TV commercial

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike Norton said...

I do remember the commercial and the concept, but while I know we had an SSP car somewhere in there it wasn't this set, and it was most likely my brother's. These pull-strip drive SSP cars didn't come in until the early '70s, I believe, and the combination of my heading for my teens and never giving a tinker's damn about cars would have made it unlikely it was mine.

Revving the standard ones up and using them to wreck castles quickly built from wooden blocks... that much I remember. We weren't looking for anything that had lots of little parts to lose.

9/15/2006 10:14 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

'... comes with evverthing ya see raht chyere.'

Priceless.

9/16/2006 8:15 PM  
Blogger FindingHeart said...

Like aAa, I loved the tag line "ya see raht chyere." Makes me wonder if anyone north of the Manson Nixon line ever saw this commercial. Hmmm. Thanks for the video.

9/18/2006 9:21 AM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Mike -

I knew lots of boys in my neighborhood that had them and actually had a turn at crashing them up myself.

Nate & FH -

Yeah. That is pretty funny. But, I saw it when living in New York state, as did Highlander (he and his brothers actually had these).

Feels like it was yesterday when I watch the commercial. Damn, I'm old!

9/18/2006 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home