The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

What You Knew and When

I wanted to share a little local news update. Probably nothing you guys are following, but it was interesting to me. And, hey, that's what's important around here, right?

A couple weeks ago, I mentioned a newstory about a plane crash near River City. Today, a story came out about an air traffic controller sending letters to our two state senators. One of the them the state senator who recently sent me a response to my letter to him on stem cell research, letting me know he didn't give a rat's ass what I thought. Obviously, I've got alot of company in my group of noisy know-nothings.

People here won't like it much if they think that the potentially life-threatening problem was brought to the attention of their elected officials, and then promptly ignored...until 49 people died. You can't much blame them.

Just wanted to share an interesting twist to this story that is still very much news here in River City.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

Politics as usual. Do nothing unless or until you have to.

9/16/2006 7:50 PM  
Blogger SuperWife said...

Lucky for them, your constituents always forget by the time election day rolls around.

9/18/2006 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home