The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Ninjarina

Right now, I'm laughing out loud.

[Kid 3], freshly home from a grueling day in first grade, is hopping around the living room with the bottom half of a ballerina outfit on (black tulle skirt sans tights and shoes) and the top half of a ninja outfit on (long-sleeved top and ninja mask), and shouting "HI YA!", as she does.

I asked her to change out of her school clothes. This is what she came up with.

I'm sorry.

I know I'm easily amused.

But if I had a digital camera at home, I'd have a picture up here right now that would have you grinning, too.

Surfing the net while this was going on behind me (though I should be cooking dinner...I'm slacking!) or I'd have skipped mentioning it at all. It is, quite honestly, the general level of insanity that I usually have going on in the background around here. Helps me remember what's important. And reminds me what's not.

You can never have too much laughter in your life. Don't forget how! Enjoy yourselves while you can!

4 Comments:

Blogger Your Girl Friday said...

I agree entirely!

Laughter really IS the best medicine!

My nanna was right!!

9/19/2006 3:26 AM  
Blogger Doc Nebula said...

I wish I'd seen that. Thanks for describing it so well. I have no difficutly picturing it. But I wish I'd seen it.

9/19/2006 6:06 AM  
Blogger Mike Norton said...

Maybe this is the central character Ragnell's been looking for in the cinema this year?

9/19/2006 8:55 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

Actually, it's brilliant. I can see it now. In her cover as a ballerina exchange student, Ninjarina Omatsu Hiroku plays a dangerous game of espionage and romance as she tours with the Moscow Ballet, doing 'side jobs' for her shadowy and mysterious employers.

Your daughter is a visionary. And awfully darn cute too. I still remember the dance recital in the mall.

9/25/2006 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home