The Oral Report

Standing up in front of the class was never so much fun!

My Photo
Name:
Location: River City, United States

The rantings and ravings of a mom of three wonderful girls as she finds new love while working like a dog and shaking her fist at the system. You know. Pretty much like everybody else.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Rooby Rooby Roo!



Last weekend, D and I received a mystery package in the mail. It was postmarked from Indiana, but it had no name on it, nor note inside it.

I know what you're thinking. Coulda been anthrax or anything! Don't Open It!!

But, hey, you know that D is a sucker for packages. So we alerted the bomb squad...and then we opened it.

Inside, we found the DVD pictured here.

Some years ago, I had the opportunity to see CONTINENTAL DIVIDE at the theatre. I never thought it was a great film, but I did enjoy it quite a bit. I admit, John Belushi made me laugh. Of course, it was college days and the liquor coulda had something to do with it. But I don't think so.

Some months ago, the film happened to show up on one of the pay cable stations and I watched it with D. I'd presumed that he'd never seen it before and it had been years since I had. As I had fond memories of it, I'd wanted to share it with him. (I later found out that he'd seen it before...ahhh Cinema Board stories...and that it happened to be one of his friend, Jeff Webb's, favorites.) It suffered a little...some twenty years later...but the sentimentality I felt (and still feel) for the film keeps it on my list of movies I enjoy watching. And I still feel that it's one of Belushi's best roles.

Ernie Souchak is a curmudgeon, and who doesn't love a good Curmudgeon Who Gets Redeemed film? Plus, also, I like Blair Brown. She's a classic girl next door. She's pretty without being artificially so. And she nearly always plays smart, classy chicks.

I didn't even remember mentioning it...or listing it on our wedding registry...but I after erroneously thanking the Collett's (they are usually the culprits behind this stuff) and finding out that they didn't do it, I started backtracking. And eventually, once I'd oiled the right gears in my head, I sorted through the clues to this particular mystery and the answer came back...Gibsons.

So I shot them a note that was kinda like..."Ha Ha! Colonel Mustard in the study with a candlestick! So There!!"...and they were like, "Drats!!" (and then I could totally see Mark doing a Muttley laugh...which, when I'm laughing really hard, I kinda do...yeah more info than you needed, huh?).

I've put a proper "Thank You" in the mail, but wanted to share our thanks with them here publicly. You guys are good friends and we deeply appreciate that. Thanks to Tony for setting me straight on this, too.

Come on, Scooby. Let's go solve the next mystery!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

Ya know, I can do a fair-to-middlin' Scooby laugh.

8/03/2007 3:54 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

We need no proper thank you in the mail... your suprise and happiness is thanks enough. You have been such incredible hosts when we visit, it was our proper thank you to you.

8/04/2007 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was telling Kathy about the mystery and she said 1) that she liked Continental Divide and 2) it was probably the Gibsons what did it.
Good touch starting with the YouTube clip of Scooby Doo, but couldn't you have found the much better version from The Scooby Doo Movies? C'mon, think of all the guest stars!

Tony C.
http://mahtwocents.blogharbor.com

8/04/2007 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home